ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Can't you send in your rear air shocks to one of said companies and receive a core charge .:shrug:
And I thought the fronts be sent out and rebuilt?:shrug:
How long do the shocks last? Would think forever , or do they get softer over time ?:shrug:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To have Nivomats with ZW7 doesn't that also require the leveling code such as G69 or something? I've got ZW7 without auto leveling and my shocks are just regular ones.

MINIz guy

Reaction score
Odd thought, but if you have the G65 and ZW7 codes for the Nivomats, why don't people replace with the Monroe MA830 air shocks?

From what I'm reading, the Monroe's still ride like stock and can air up to 3" so you'll still be level.

MINIz guy

Reaction score
Nivomats don't take air is my understanding.
Correct, but that isn't my point. Nivomats are paired with super soft springs, so when you replace them, you also need to buy stiffer springs. The Monroe MA830's are air shocks, so I'm thinking you can keep original springs and still have the same ride height once you air up the shocks. You also get some ride height adjustment to level out for looks or jack up when towing with high tongue weight.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Nivomat shocks for sale if anyone needs them.

MINIz guy

Reaction score
Ahh, I see. So you'd use an external compressor or gas station air if needed?
Yup would be my plan. Bump up pressure every time I plan on towing, otherwise keep it at a nice “DD” height. My current Nivomats don’t level out that well with a trailer on it, but I’m not sure if it’s tongue weight or them just being worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to put air lift bags in my springs; just like we did thirty plus years ago for drag racing. They will aid in traction when we take the truck to the drags but also help keep her level when towing, like you're going to do. We carry a portable air compressor onboard at all times and the one in particular is the one GM used on the SUV Hybrids. I was going to retrofit a factory compressor to mimic my Pontiac Montanas but that was a lot of work and expense and in the end did not want to tackle that project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63