ZO6 Brakes on a Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLKTXDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after admiring my buddys 08 z06 i realized hey i want those brakes on my Denali, and he said he has actually seen it done once and took me to the guy, he said that he could do it except more than likely would not be able to make the E brake work. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and had luck? thanks.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after admiring my buddys 08 z06 i realized hey i want those brakes on my Denali, and he said he has actually seen it done once and took me to the guy, he said that he could do it except more than likely would not be able to make the E brake work. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and had luck? thanks.

I did it before. What year is your Denali? I can help you out. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
07Burb loves his popcorn...you've been eating a lot recently!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
07Burb loves his popcorn...you've been eating a lot recently!

Lookin forward to hearing info on this upgrade. :) That'd be a cool mod! :rocking:

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Yeah I have seen it done before and asked Dirk about it as well since on I saw on other forums he did this. But the Z06's fit but needs a custom caliper bracket. They started with using 14" rotors but the pad wasn't sitting all the way on the rotor. So they now use 15" rotors and fits perfict. A lot of NBS user have done it. Not sure if they still make the bracket for it though. I was going to do it with my 14" baer rotors but still not sure about it. My bro works a mechanical engineer and was going to see if he could work up a bracket for me to fit the 14" rotors and clear the drop spindles with grinding them.

Also I was just going to do the fronts.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to do it with my 14" baer rotors but still not sure about it. My bro works a mechanical engineer and was going to see if he could work up a bracket for me to fit the 14" rotors and clear the drop spindles with grinding them.

Also I was just going to do the fronts.

The front calipers will never work with 100% contact on a 14" rotor. That was the design flaw of the first series of these brackets. You cannot get the caliper close enough to the rotor hat to get 100% contact no matter how much you manipulate the bracket, therefore 15" is ideal and optimal for this setup.

You will also have to grind the spindle if running a McGaughy's drop spindle. The casting of the model number on the spindle doesn't allow the bracket to sit flush, so you really have no choice but to grind it. I also had to grind my wife's Mcgaughy's spindles when we installed her Wilwood kit, i think that's just the nature of those spindles and their castings.

No one has made a bracket for NNBS vehicles to date. I think there were a few people interested, but I don't think the demand was there, so no one made them. I'm sure if someone wanted to donate their stock spindles or dropped spindles, the creator of these brackets would do it, but no one has done it yet.

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me who to send my stock spindles too and I'd love to get the ball rolling on NNBS brackets

edit: I also heard that the nnbs spindle is the same as the nbs spindle...probably not true but i dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYone