Your opinions on this deal? Extended bumper-to-bumper warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djsassan

Reaction score
Long story short, I went through a year of agony before having my current vehicle.

Aug 22, bought a 2021 Yukon XL Denali. Engine died twice, replaced twice, still had issues, GM bought it back.
May 23, bought a 2023 Yukon XL Denali, 3 days later issue with safety restraint system and the car sat for 51 days waiting for the part.

GM initially offered me a bunch of reward points, which thank you but no, and I respectfully declined. Lawyers drew up a letter and it over to GM, now awaiting their reponse.

In the meantime, as long as I withdraw the letter, the regional manager can arrange:
-72mo/100k bumper-to-bumper warranty
-2 months of payments due to the downtime.

I also have EasyCare warranty for 7 years. I may just cancel and refund the amount if I get the 6 year B2B, or ask for a reduced rate.

I am inclined to take the offer. Your thoughts?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a great deal. I should’ve done that considering how I got their ****** points. :)

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that sounds like a good deal. I’ve been getting a bunch of points for the issues I keep having with my truck. Saving up for new rims lol

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is there a lawyer involved for a back ordered part? Im surprised they are talking to you at all. With that said I mean the warranty and payment reimbursement is nice. Seems way above and beyond from the dealer.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a fair deal, but I would ask for 7/100 since you already have 7 years. 6 means you are leaving with a new truck and a 6 year warranty versus a new truck and 7 years. (Don’t mention the refund you will be keeping though).

It’s as good as fair can be.

When wife’s Acura RDX was sidelined a few years ago for Takata airbag problem - four 4 months - they gave us a new Toyota Camry as a loaner the whole time. We gave it back with 4,000 miles and felt like it was a fair deal.

OP
OP
D

djsassan

Reaction score
Why is there a lawyer involved for a back ordered part? Im surprised they are talking to you at all. With that said I mean the warranty and payment reimbursement is nice. Seems way above and beyond from the dealer.
There is a TREMENDOUS amount to the story, but I bought a replacement Yukon after they bought back my first Yukon, owned it for 3 days and then it ended up in the shop for 52 days. So over a period of 11 months, I had a Yukon being repaired for 5 months.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, get the money back for the extended warranty you already have.

BUT! I would take their offered bumper to bumper warranty, only after the original bumper to bumper warranty runs out. Otherwise, they are overlapped. Or, are they saying the offered 6 year, 100k miles bumper to bumper is instead of the original one?

OP
OP
D

djsassan

Reaction score
Yes, get the money back for the extended warranty you already have.

BUT! I would take their offered bumper to bumper warranty, only after the original bumper to bumper warranty runs out. Otherwise, they are overlapped. Or, are they saying the offered 6 year, 100k miles bumper to bumper is instead of the original one?
instead of a 3yr/36k B2B, it would be 72mo/100k B2B backed by GMC.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
instead of a 3yr/36k B2B, it would be 72mo/100k B2B backed by GMC.
Yes, but does the new warranty start right now and is 6 years and 100k from now or is part of the offered up warranty already lapsed and had started when you took vehicle delivery? In other words, if it started from delivery, there is only the amount of warranty left on that 6 year, 100k warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo