Your interior LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend? I made a thread on this already but no one answered. Hopefully you guys will feel nice enough to list yours this time.

Haha, just kidding but seriously I do need some better LED's and I wanna know what you're using.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the http://www.superbrightleds.com/.
Replaced all stock lights with White LED.

Wired in Foot-well lights (As my 2004 didnt have them)
and ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QA386A for them as they were a bit brighter than the previous site for a little cheaper... I also get free shipping.

Still waiting to do the Vanity/visor lights. I saw them on V-leds.com but for as little as I have ever used them I find it difficult to justify $5 x4 ($20) +shipping when I can put that somewhere else... I know it is not much but I cant think if a time I ever used the mirror in any other sense that I tuck my Airport parking stub up there.

What are you currently using that you are looking to get better?

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i kinda like the 'softer' light from the old fashion bulbs on the inside... but outside I do like LED tails / side markers.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the incandescents but I wish they were a pure white, then I'd be happy with stocks.

Thanks Abn, can you send a link to which specific ones you bought? There are a lot to pick from. I want the 9-SMT rigid loop, do you think those will fit in my interior lights??

I'm coming from cheap eBay LED's that are not SMT, meaning they are not very bright and they emit a purple-ish white. 6000-8000k, whereas pure white is 5000k. My bulbs are cheap and break easy, and are also pretty sensitive.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our Tahoe's are differentt years and in looking at:
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide
I am not sure the number of bulbs of each type.

I used the Festoon Bulbs (44mm) to replace my 211-2 Bulbs, I had 8 of these (6 inside and 2 approach lights).

I honestly dont know a thing about the rigid loop bulbs.

All my others were simple 194 bulb swaps. (6 of these... after installing my footwell lights)

Color wise I selected "Natural White" that is the equivalent of the 5000k.
Warm Light will give you the more "Incandecent/yellowish" look and Cool white will get you the blueish tint. There is a color chart on the SuperbrightLED.com site... but danged if I can find it at the moment.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I am trying to find ones in my size that are Natural White that aren't rigid loop but I'm not having much luck. I can find some that are cool white or warm white but just not natural.

07marmalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at this site too...wondering if these are \any better than the 40 dollar kits on ebay.

I've got an 07 escalade which I imagine will use the same dome/map light bulbs as the tahoe/yukon.

Which ones do I order? rigid loops or high powered festoons or festoon LEDS

these are the lights i need.
I know nothing about lighting but I think ill be getting the cool white color.

Dome light
211-2
211-2LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
578LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Abn Panzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cool whites will run with a slight blueish tint to them.

Zach2011: If you look at the 2nd category of Auto lights LED Festoon Bulbs... many of those give the option of Natural White, but are not the flat card w/LEDs. They are the ones I am using and they work well for me.

07Marmalade: Couldnt tell you if they are better than the kits on Ebay... But for the price I was willing to go with superbright.led as they 1) had high remarks from the vast majority on this site, 2) I've run into some issues (Not a lot but enough) that I wanted a good return policy if something went wrong or was not what I wanted.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good, thanks for the info. I was hoping to find some that are SMT-LED as they have a lot better light output than regular LED, but the only 42mm SMT-LED I can find in natural white are the rigid loop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan