Interior Dimming Issue 04 Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on this exact problem, or a solution. My 04 Suburban seems to have an issue with the cluster and the rearview mirror screens being dim when it's sunny out.

At night it's just fine. Cluster is new, and the company tested it multiple times and sent me photos of the DIC screen being bright. And I've had three of these trucks before, all of the previous ones had bright screens and rearview mirrors.

I have absolutely no idea what it could be. Radio and climate are bright as can be. Wiring has been gone through basically front to back in the truck. And I can't find any issues. The headlight switch is original, the dimmer dial does dim and brighten like it should...but could that be the issue? Could there be an issue with that dial not getting proper contact from being 19 years old? I'm used to feeling the dial click into place when it's at full brightness...mine doesn't do that. It barely clicks when you move it all the way up to turn the interior lights on.

I don't know what else it could be. If it is the headlight switch, that would be fantastic.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has an '09 Pontiac G6 that has similar symptoms. It's not high up on the list of things to do right now but this is what I suspect it is with her car at this point.
Not sure if this helps, but maybe will help eliminate one more potential cause or get you pointed in the right direction...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660