Yep, you guessed it, another noob!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IM BACK!!!!

Yea I know, digging up an old thread.. But its relevant.

So shortly after I made my first post, the Hoe's motor started knocking, and knocking, and knocking some more.. I kept driving it, cause of the money I had in it, and lack of funds to get it fixed.

One morning I woke up, and the knock was gone! Made a B-Line to a local dealership that had a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV that I had been eyeing, and traded it off. 2 weeks later the dealer salesman called, "why didnt you tell us about the knocking engine", to which I replied, "no idea what your talking about", and hung up.

Been driving that Envoy since. Been a wonderful 130k miles. Still runs and drives beautifully.. But, it has been delegated to "spare vehicle service" on Saturday. 202k Miles on that LM4 V8. Good truck, but I have 2 little boys (3 year old, and a newborn), and I wanted something I could count on like a politician after your taxes, and wanted something a bit bigger. And although I trust that Envoy, I wouldnt want to take it on any trips..

I searched for a 2003-2006 Tahoe (last of the good years in my opinion), Yukon, Escalade, with low miles...

So, I picked up a 2006 Escalade with 80k miles on Saturday. Picked it up, for a decent price, needs a bit of work. But dont they always? Rear Air Suspension (Z55) is dead, tires, missing spare tire, sunroof needs some repair. Other than a dent on the front passenger fender, shes a beauty!

Rear heated bucket seats, factory nav, 6 disc, and all the other stuff.

New to the 6.0, but not the LS as whole.

So here I am, and should be for awhile.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
IM BACK!!!!

Yea I know, digging up an old thread.. But its relevant.

So shortly after I made my first post, the Hoe's motor started knocking, and knocking, and knocking some more.. I kept driving it, cause of the money I had in it, and lack of funds to get it fixed.

One morning I woke up, and the knock was gone! Made a B-Line to a local dealership that had a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV that I had been eyeing, and traded it off. 2 weeks later the dealer salesman called, "why didnt you tell us about the knocking engine", to which I replied, "no idea what your talking about", and hung up.

Been driving that Envoy since. Been a wonderful 130k miles. Still runs and drives beautifully.. But, it has been delegated to "spare vehicle service" on Saturday. 202k Miles on that LM4 V8. Good truck, but I have 2 little boys (3 year old, and a newborn), and I wanted something I could count on like a politician after your taxes, and wanted something a bit bigger. And although I trust that Envoy, I wouldnt want to take it on any trips..

I searched for a 2003-2006 Tahoe (last of the good years in my opinion), Yukon, Escalade, with low miles...

So, I picked up a 2006 Escalade with 80k miles on Saturday. Picked it up, for a decent price, needs a bit of work. But dont they always? Rear Air Suspension (Z55) is dead, tires, missing spare tire, sunroof needs some repair. Other than a dent on the front passenger fender, shes a beauty!

71ec64e32911d3cd0d6bedbb0a78f983.jpg

Rear heated bucket seats, factory nav, 6 disc, and all the other stuff.

New to the 6.0, but not the LS as whole.

So here I am, and should be for awhile.
HOLY SHIT! Welcome back. Looks good, and great super low mileage.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT! Welcome back. Looks good, and great super low mileage.

Theres actually another super low miles 2003 Escalade local to me, with 56k miles. But its a theft recovery, with -NO- VIN tags anywhere on the vehicle. Dealer doesnt even realize its a Felony to sell a vehicle this way.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/henderson-2004-cadillac-escalade-56k/7317009073.html

Dealer also isnt disclosing its a theft recovery... They also only paid 1900 bucks for it..
https://ucars.pro/lots/copart/55549840

If you have a careful eye, you will notice quite a bit of other oddity's that make it one to stay away from... (speedometer namely)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome Back Kotter! The older people here will remember the show.

Post more pics when you can and sounds like you need to start a build thread in the Under Construction section.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back from Miami Beach Brian! Nice fleet you have!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Theres actually another super low miles 2003 Escalade local to me, with 56k miles. But its a theft recovery, with -NO- VIN tags anywhere on the vehicle. Dealer doesnt even realize its a Felony to sell a vehicle this way.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/henderson-2004-cadillac-escalade-56k/7317009073.html

Dealer also isnt disclosing its a theft recovery... They also only paid 1900 bucks for it..
https://ucars.pro/lots/copart/55549840

If you have a careful eye, you will notice quite a bit of other oddity's that make it one to stay away from... (speedometer namely)
What a lowlife dealer. And he says it has a clean title too.
I checked out that site--weird that it's in Russian. Looks to be a weird theft. They left the radio and rims, but took the lower console piece and an air vent. How the hell could it have a clean title??

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome all

Welcome back from Miami Beach Brian! Nice fleet you have!

Fleet has been minimalized a bit in the last 11 years.. I moved from St Louis to Denver.

Pontiac 6000 STE AWD is long gone
Pontiac ASC McLaren Turbo Grand Prix is also long gone (miss this one)

Only vehicles I have are the ones listed in my sig below..
Still have the 29 Plymouth Opera Sedan
Still have the 69 Camaro RS/SS SCCA

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome all

Fleet has been minimalized a bit in the last 11 years.. I moved from St Louis to Denver.

Pontiac 6000 STE AWD is long gone
Pontiac ASC McLaren Turbo Grand Prix is also long gone (miss this one)

Only vehicles I have are the ones listed in my sig below..
Still have the 29 Plymouth Opera Sedan
Still have the 69 Camaro RS/SS SCCA
Those 6000 STEs were overlooked and under rated cars. Pontiac was the bomb in the 80's.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading out on a little mini-vacation this 3 day weekend.

Hoping to get some pics, and can start my build thread. Don't know if I am really going to be doing much to it, other clean it up a bit. Already did the headlights, and a dent pull. Need a PDR guy to finish that work.

I might consider lowering it 2/1 or 3/1, or 4/2 at the most. My big concern there is I need the factory soft, plush, ride. And I dont know if I will retain that if I lower it. I have 5 partially blown discs in my back, and I am not eligible for surgery, so a soft, coshy, ride is imperative! I only want to lower it to make it easier to get in and out of, save some wear and tear on the seats. But if I cant maintain the coshy ride, its not worth it.

It needs to be as soft, or softer than factory. The pain I get from driving my wifes Aztek (pretty firm ride) means a couple days of some strong drugs.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back and nice score on the Escalade!! Looks pretty clean. NBS FTW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700