Year to Year Differences/Changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puddin422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2007 Tahoe. It was one that was late and pulls up as a 2008 when ordering parts, etc. (anyone want to explain that to me more? I'm completely unfamiliar). I was a diehard Ford truck fan and could tell you just about anything about any year and size Ford pickup, but I don't know late model GM stuff at all.

Next spring, I want to upgrade and get a newer truck with fewer miles. Are there model years or certain engines to avoid? Is there a year within that 07-14 range with an interior design update? Any other info?

It's possible the new will be a Suburban or Yukon XL. I have 3 kids, 2 dogs, tote a big purse, diaper bag, and stroller always, plus I'm the grocery getter. And I want subs in the back. My Tahoe gets cramped, fast, and I have no subs. So any information that is specific to the bigger SUVs?

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Is there a year within that 07-14 range with an interior design update? Any other info?"

I'd be interested in this as well. Good question.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My NNBS Tahoe is 04/06, its kinda odd. No RPO sticker in the glove box and my GM dealer couldn't get me a print out? It has all the upgrades a LT can have except nav and heated seats

Last edited:

ts0293

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2007 Tahoe. It was one that was late and pulls up as a 2008 when ordering parts, etc. (anyone want to explain that to me more? I'm completely unfamiliar). I was a diehard Ford truck fan and could tell you just about anything about any year and size Ford pickup, but I don't know late model GM stuff at all.

Next spring, I want to upgrade and get a newer truck with fewer miles. Are there model years or certain engines to avoid? Is there a year within that 07-14 range with an interior design update? Any other info?

It's possible the new will be a Suburban or Yukon XL. I have 3 kids, 2 dogs, tote a big purse, diaper bag, and stroller always, plus I'm the grocery getter. And I want subs in the back. My Tahoe gets cramped, fast, and I have no subs. So any information that is specific to the bigger SUVs?

I just bought a 2013 CPO with 36k once I realized they really didn't change even a screw 2013->2014. Not much change from 2012, either. I think the jury is still out and others may want to comment but search as I did, I couldn't find a lot about AFM oil usage problems post the 2011s. They made admittedly minor engine updates somewhere in there, so as I approach 40k, have fingers crossed. So far not using any oil. We'll see.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Puddin422

This may not address your specific questions, but it is a pretty good thread for 07-14 info and known issues. Of course, there are many threads on the NNBS all over the TYF. Just have to do a bit of searching.

Thinking of Buying a 07-14 NNBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-a-07-14-nnbs-tahoe-suburban-look-here.61720/

With that big of a family load, the Suburban/XL will fit your needs without fail. My wife loves her Suburban. Good luck on your search.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that in 2012 the NAV was upgraded to a HDD system vs dvd.

sent from the ninth circle of hell...

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Front Door panels changed and look nicer in 2009 or 10. 2009 has a better cluster (more info in the DIC like ext temp). 2012 gets the hard drive nav (love it). 2010 also gets USB for the radio and possible backup cam / screen in the rearview depending on equipment. Other than that, nothing different.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 LT3 and love it but, granted, I don't have direct experience with any other model years to compare.

A 6-speed trans replaced the 4-speed trans beginning in model year 2009. And GM removed the a/c belt tensioner at the same time. I'm sure there are other differences over the years, but not sure how significant each is.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Mine was an early build in 06 and it had bugs galore. 2009+ they really improved on a lot of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marrickard76