YAY or NAY on my denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cleandenali31

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
Thanks guys, great feedback. I never thought about changing the roof rack but that's definitely a good idea to consider, I wanted to drop it about 2 inches but I am worried about how the air ride will act and if I will have any issues with the AWD or turning.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

@Mharders @OHSIXX @2011Tahoe @Pachanga02 @hidpositive ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ read reply

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im lowered approx 4" in the rear with stock auto ride on 24's. If you wanna keep the factory set up you can just pick up some drop coils and make shorter air ride links (some springs come with them) and get shock extenders. I believe there is a set of 4" springs in the for sale section. Should check them out. Lowering it will not mess with the AWD system.
You should also look into esky or smooth vent caps to clean up the rear. I think the factory appliques are hidious on these trucks

OP
OP
Cleandenali31

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
Thanks @mharders . yeah seems like i nice project to do i went from a 99 tahoe LT to this and theres alot more gadgets and electronics than the tahoe so i dont want to mess anything up.i want to drop it enough where i have an inch or two os space. i have a picture of a truck attached to this reply.that im going off of, same rims i want in 24's like the picture and the same amount of drop. also i would like the truck to be level in the rear with the front.
amd yeah i dont like the vents either, i wonder if they have a gloss black one. that would be great. and ill def check out those springs. hows the ride? is it still smooth?

Attachments

• 198230_10150987857363921_800381766_n.jpg
    198230_10150987857363921_800381766_n.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Nice. You should get a new exhuast:) and do a couple engine mods

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @mharders . yeah seems like i nice project to do i went from a 99 tahoe LT to this and theres alot more gadgets and electronics than the tahoe so i dont want to mess anything up.i want to drop it enough where i have an inch or two os space. i have a picture of a truck attached to this reply.that im going off of, same rims i want in 24's like the picture and the same amount of drop. also i would like the truck to be level in the rear with the front.
amd yeah i dont like the vents either, i wonder if they have a gloss black one. that would be great. and ill def check out those springs. hows the ride? is it still smooth?

The ride in the rear is great to me. Im running the 5305 belltech springs. Im just running 2" drop keys in the front and want to throw in some 2" drop spindles for a better ride. That denali looks like its on a 2/4 drop and those wheels are U2-55's looks like 24's I think you'll be happy with a 2/4 drop, I was at first! Now I want a 3/5 lol

Last edited:

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mharders sounds like the man to talk to on lowering the NBS Denali's. I agree with a 2-4 kit, that's what I have on my LTZ and shortened the air ride links to 2.75"s. the ride seems pretty good to me and the wife.

I had no idea about switching out the racks on these trucks until this forum but after I saw it I knew I had to have it. I love the sleek look of the Esky rack, and the Esky vent caps would look sweet on your rig also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700