Finally got 5/7 on my Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbkiller

Reaction score
Hey what's up everybody? I figured I should start a thread on what I'm doing with my yukon.... So I was at 3/5 for 2 years with norcalss kit and was debating on leaving it there and doing 24's but I wanted more low. I thought I had a great deal on these same wheels in 24s but that fell though so I decided 22s and lower! I bought belltech 2in drop spindles a few weeks ago and finally had some time to get everything put together.
Specs
04 yukon denali xl awd
22" gm honeycomb reps with 285/45 22
Front
Stock upper arm
Djm 3" lowering lower arm
Belltech 2" lowering spindles
I think it was a djm sway bar bracket but the bolts broke so I'm going to try all tread
Shocks are belltech street performance
Moog everything else
Back
Djm track bar relocation brackets
Djm sway bar relocation brackets
Norcalss custom 6" springs with a half coil cut out
Shocks are belltech street performance

20170307_145456.jpg 20170307_145448.jpg
20170307_130016.jpg
The back is pretty straight forward I just took out the 1" spacer and cut a half coil out to get about 7"
And to go that low I just flipped the upper shock bolt and I'm in the process of deciding about trimming the inner plastic fender or using a heat gun to mold the plastic
MORE PICTURES OF THE WORK TO COME!!
The front
When lowering an awd this low you have to trim the upper ball joint right under the castle nut to clear the cv axels
The djm lca makes contact with the belltech spindle so just minor trimming is needed. I have before and after pictures I'll post later.
The drivers side I took out the lining and started trimming and that's where I finished today.
I'll post pictures in detail on what I'm doing to fit this big rubber this low.
The real problem up front is at full lock the inner cab area is tight( duh)
Driver side will be easier, I hope, because there is just some break lines and wiring harness to move out of the way.
The passenger side is going to be a pain in the ass because gm ran the rear A/C tubing right where the tire isn't happy!
More pictures and progress to come!

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES, YES, YES! Looks killer.

Man, I'm rubbing at full lock with a 3/5 on 285/45/22s. I was going to go 275/40/22 but got a deal I couldn't pass on these tires.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20170307_130016-jpg.76188

11kfp1fjpg.gif

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome but no way is that 5/7. Did you take before/after measurements? I have a 2/3 on mine with 26's and yes you will have to do some work in the front in order to turn good, and you'll still get rubbing in certain situations. The inner fender wells are just the start! Some metal work will be necessary as well as rolling the front fenders or you'll pull the inner fender lips down if you hit a bump just right, probably going in or out of a parking lot/ driveway at an angle or dip. I did it and got lucky it was easily fixed. Good job though!

OP
OP
Kbkiller

Kbkiller

Reaction score
That is looking good. Makes me want to go even lower from 2/4.
Good luck working around those lines.

Thanks man! I think the lines will only be a problem if I'm turning on a speed bump! Only time will tell on what more is needed so I don't tear stuff up.
That looks awesome but no way is that 5/7. Did you take before/after measurements? I have a 2/3 on mine with 26's and yes you will have to do some work in the front in order to turn good, and you'll still get rubbing in certain situations. The inner fender wells are just the start! Some metal work will be necessary as well as rolling the front fenders or you'll pull the inner fender lips down if you hit a bump just right, probably going in or out of a parking lot/ driveway at an angle or dip. I did it and got lucky it was easily fixed. Good job though!

Thanks! No I didn't take before measurement but I'm just going off of what I installed. I just finished it a couple hrs ago and drove it around my neighborhood and with big dips, no rubbing on turns going 15mph it's going to be at hwy speed where I think I'll find more problems.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
pm me if you want to fix the rear end position. looks like it got sucked forward a lot and ive had a few guys bust the output shaft since driveshaft gets pushed into trans being so low

OP
OP
Kbkiller

Kbkiller

Reaction score
20170310_153626.jpg this is the lca and spindle where it had to be trimmed. It's rough I need to get more discs for my grinder. After I clean it up I'll throw some paint on it to stop the rust until I can powder coat everything. 20170310_153515.jpg this is the driver side where it had to be trimmed and hammered smooth. I'm Still trying to figure out the best way to fill in the gap. 20170310_160600.jpg
This is the passenger side and this is what the driver side looked like before the trim and you can see why I had to. That flap of metal is just waiting to get caught up in the tire. I will do the same thing to this side when I get more disks. 20170310_153604.jpg
In the process of adjusting the 3/8s all thread for my sway bar. 20170310_153533.jpg
The emergency brake line went through this body mount so I just pulled it apart and went around it. There are to places that stick out that had to be trimmed, 1 on the Frame above that hole and 1 on the top body mount. I still need to pretty it up and paint. When I figure out the gap issue I will tear everything apart and paint and powder coat everything.
I'm still debating on getting the djm uppers now or waiting until I figure out what direction I'm going(static or bagged) because it will be my wife's daily for a while.
I will update with pictures when I get everything buttoned up.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No need to trim. So my fender well mod in front will be fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans