XS Power D3400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 2007 Tahoe requires a D4800 XS power battery.

I would like to get the D3400 instead since it has more power overall, and is basically almost the same dimensions.

Would my battery hold down bracket to hold it down fit the D3400? Summit says it won’t and that I might have to make a custom one. And since a battery is hazardous material so I can’t return it, so I’d be stuck with it

Has anyone used a D3400 in their Hoe and was any special mods necessary?

TIA!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The major issue with AGM batteries is that they lack the protrusion at the bottom edge that the battery clamp attaches to.

It looks like this manufacturer doesn’t supply an adapter kit like Optima does. Dimensionally the batteries are almost the same however the 2nd choice battery doesn’t have recessed terminal posts. I assume this battery has screw in terminal post adapters right?

OP
OP
malvizar

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The major issue with AGM batteries is that they lack the protrusion at the bottom edge that the battery clamp attaches to.

It looks like this manufacturer doesn’t supply an adapter kit like Optima does. Dimensionally the batteries are almost the same however the 2nd choice battery doesn’t have recessed terminal posts. I assume this battery has screw in terminal post adapters right?
Correct it attaches with either screw in posts (sold separately I believe) or with the M6 screw that’s supplied. Which is fine as I have 1/0 power and ground with crimped lugs so the screw will work fine for me.

I currently have a Duracell AGM but it isn’t holding a full charge anymore.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If you can, buy an exact replacement and return the dead one on the same day as a dud. Every one of the AGM battery I purchased, Bosch, Champion, Optima Blue & Yellow all crab’d out around 24-28 months.

My Optima smart charger brought two of them back after a 12 hour recycle but still failed several Mo. later. They all use recycled lead now and the impurities cause an early death.

If you can, get a refund and put it toward an Odyssey.

A9014F5D-96A6-4489-94F2-450A1F098B08.jpeg

OP
OP
malvizar

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you can, buy an exact replacement and return the dead one on the same day as a dud. Every one of the AGM battery I purchased, Bosch, Champion, Optima Blue & Yellow all crab’d out around 24-28 months.

My Optima smart charger brought two of them back after a 12 hour recycle but still failed several Mo. later. They all use recycled lead now and the impurities cause an early death.

If you can, get a refund and put it toward an Odyssey.

View attachment 419183
I got my battery at Sam’s about 4 Years ago. Warranty was only good for 3 years

I’ll check out odyssey. Thx

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Post up what you find. My last AGM died at almost exactly 25 Mo. Pep Boys was kind enough to warranty me a standard wet battery even though the AGM was out of warranty.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
So my 2007 Tahoe requires a D4800 XS power battery.

I would like to get the D3400 instead since it has more power overall, and is basically almost the same dimensions.

Would my battery hold down bracket to hold it down fit the D3400? Summit says it won’t and that I might have to make a custom one. And since a battery is hazardous material so I can’t return it, so I’d be stuck with it

Has anyone used a D3400 in their Hoe and was any special mods necessary?

TIA!
I think long term lithium is the way to go but the swap is a lot more then a simple battery swap…
Lithium (yinlong cells) are supposed to last up to 10 years both my buddy’s run them in slacking and need to get around to making the swap I’m just waiting for my battery to finally give out before I do so

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no issues w/ a D3400 in either battery location. I’ve been running them for years. I also own a SB500 superbank

IMG_0571.jpeg

OP
OP
malvizar

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are no issues w/ a D3400 in either battery location. I’ve been running them for years. I also own a SB500 superbank

View attachment 419259
Yeah I pulled the trigger and ordered it from summit. Waiting on it to be delivered. I’ll whip up a custom bracket if I have to

What charger do you use to top it off? I have a noco genius 1 currently, but I was thinking about getting a Xs power hf1208 charger.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember what model XS I have but it has been mounted for almost 8 years with no issues.
Just make sure to get the correct battery connectors, that was the only thing I ran into.
I bought an XS charger for it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts