Dreaded reduced power mode. argggggggggg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Pop the fuseblock cover and unclip to inspect the terminals/connectors that plug to the actual fuseblock. It's very easy to do this, you'll just have to remove the little corner brace. Have a wiring diagram to pinpoint the wires that go to the throttle body.

Maybe you have corrosion there?
I have not been able to locate a wiring schematic for this tahoe? The boss man gave me a ground schematic.

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Based on your stated P1516: with a good scanner compare the throttle position with the pedal position values. There are some good YouTube videos on how to do that.

Also, the wiring from the throttle body has a tendency to break under the wiring insulation. Very carefully inspect the wiring harness from the throttle body back about 6 or 8", looking (feeling) for wire that's compromised under the insulation. You can get a new pigtail for that harness, or repair broken wiring.
By the way I was just checking my b pillar. The only grounds I have there are on a bolt with nut, two wires. Looks fine, but I noticed I had replaced the connector to the blower, and the connectors are all burned up, and the wires got so hot it melted the loom and melted two wires together. I solder everything now. Learned my lesson driving a diesel tool truck. Could this be it?

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Pop the fuseblock cover and unclip to inspect the terminals/connectors that plug to the actual fuseblock. It's very easy to do this, you'll just have to remove the little corner brace. Have a wiring diagram to pinpoint the wires that go to the throttle body.

Maybe you have corrosion there?
about a month ago I took all the fuseblock apart and cleaned it all with purple cleaner and a wire brush got it crystal clean. Blew it all out, sat it out in the son for a week. Looks new. I also took apart every connector cleaned them out and wd40 them. If I can get a wiring schematic, I can ohm test all of the wires. I have done alot of that already. They all were at the 1650 range. I personally think I need to replace the pedal sensor. Also, last night I found all the wires going to the blower assembly fried. I cut out all the connectors and soldered them up. Just waiting on all new injector pigtails, should have them wednsday so I can fire her up and pray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019