Windshield wipers only work on high for 2001 yuk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife just called and told me the problem. Right now I don't know anything more (sounds and stuff like that). I also own a obs chevy truck and I had to replace the pulse board because of usual wiper problems with those trucks.

Does the 2000 and up trucks have the same problem?

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some wiper module replaced on my truck once - Was still under warr. - My problem was that they wouldn't turn off at all - but I bet its the same module.

OP
OP
D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some wiper module replaced on my truck once - Was still under warr. - My problem was that they wouldn't turn off at all - but I bet its the same module.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where the module is?

I turned the wipers on and there is no sound at all. If you turn the switch to high then the wipers come on but they immediately stop when you change the mode. The do not even reset and return to the bottom of the windshield.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look at my service paperwork I think it has a P/N on there as to what was replaced.. But sure sounds like the issue.

OP
OP
D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed Update: I don't think my truck has a "module". I checked all fuses and they were good. I decided to go for the wiper motor and I pulled the pulse board off of the top. Here I found a broken electrical connection on the board. Unfortunately these boards are not sold apart from the motor (I did find a place online that sold them but the cost was almost the same as a reman motor). I bought a new motor and installed and everything is normal.

Hopefully someone will find this thread and use it for help in the future.

cag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! This was very helpful. I have the same problem. Looks like a new motor should resolve the problem. Thanks for taking the time to respond back to help others like me. I created this account just to thank you. Be well my friend.

Fixed Update: I don't think my truck has a "module". I checked all fuses and they were good. I decided to go for the wiper motor and I pulled the pulse board off of the top. Here I found a broken electrical connection on the board. Unfortunately these boards are not sold apart from the motor (I did find a place online that sold them but the cost was almost the same as a reman motor). I bought a new motor and installed and everything is normal.

Hopefully someone will find this thread and use it for help in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro