2023 Yukon XL Windshield Wipers periodically stop working while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll turn rain sense off and will hit record if it happens again.

From the looks of things in this thread, it looks like you went a good 4 months before trying this (if you have, in fact, tried this). Assuming you have turned the rain sense off, have you had the problem since?

OP
OP
K

kjm_333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It happened today! I have had Rain Sense turned off since that suggested was posted above. I haven't had any full stoppages (it did pause twice mid-wipe but restarted immediately) until today. I had my kids in the car and was able to get a video showing Rain Sense turned off and my trying to get the wipers going without any luck. I even tried rapidly spinning the switch like was recently suggested. The wipers started moving after about 4 minutes, but pretty scary.
I will be calling GM Customer Care tomorrow and will also be reporting it to NHTSA as suggested above.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. This is definitely crazy. I’ll be crossing my fingers during my rainy two 250-mile drives this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo