Windshield Wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy_ocean04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My windshield wiper control is not working. Well it only works on high. All the other settings don't work. My wipers will not move. Only on high, then the wipers work and if I turn them off the wipers stop where ever the are on the windshield. They don't go to there off position. I have to wait until they are down to quickly swith them off. Is it a short in my wiper/ turn signal control arm? Please help

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
On your 99 when you turn off the switch it cuts the signal completely to the motor/module so in the absence of that signal the motor/module has sole responsibility to shut down properly. Also, while all power in vehicle is off, if you put an ohm meter on yellow and brown wires from the wiper switch with switch on low reading should be about 680 ohms at low and increase in steps to 450K then your motor/module is dead or the brown wire is screwed somewhere along the way.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Our trucks have a known issue with the wiper relay board going bad... replace it (not an expensive part) and you'll be back to normal (intermittent will work as well as the other speeds, including delayed off). I was having a problem with mine many years ago - was doing the same thing you described.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Yessir... a few screws is all that holds the cover and board in place. Takes about 5-10mins depending on how clean you want to be (there's grease involved). Located just above and to the inside of the brake booster.

OP
OP
Billy_ocean04

Billy_ocean04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. I'm going to auto zone. Lol I'm on their website. Is this wiper motor pulse board module the same part?

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is the pulse module. But before you buy one, you might want to pull yours out and look at the circuit board. There's a thread on FSC.com I believe where the guy says that the vast majority of bad pulse modules are due to a cold (bad) solder. He claims to have repaired several simply by identifying the bad solders and re-soldering them. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I may be shortly...

I came over to the forum to ask about my wipers too. I replaced the pulse module in mine a couple years ago (before I knew about the solder issue). It died completely--no wiper speed worked. A new pulse module fixed it right up.

But in the past several months, there have been times when my wipers will not work, and other times that they do. The thing that is different this time is that when I turn them on, I hear a buzzing sound from the motor assembly. The last time my wipers died, it didn't make any sound at all. This sounds like a small gear that is not meshing properly and is just buzzing against something.

Has anyone here ever dealt with the guts of a wiper motor to know if this is possible? Or is this likely to be yet another problem with the pulse module?

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Aha, here ya go (you might need to sign up for FSC to read it)

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/interior-tech/450020-wipers-wont-stop.html

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...6464-fix-those-wipers-wiper-board-repair.html

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put a new wiper motor in a guys truck at the previous employer, wasn't to bad, just getting the motor and the wiper assembly lined up was a little bit of a PITA. wiper arms only go on one way and aren't adjustable... atleast on his pick-up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62