08 Tahoe Border Patrol. I want to add dual batteries but the washer tank and a bus box is in the way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ValleyTahoe

Reaction score
So I see most peoples PPV came with dual batteries. I've been cleaning up the wiring and removing all cut ends, then retaping the loom. I thought to add an extra battery. My first battery is on passenger side near the cowl. Runs to the junction on the fire wall, goes to fuse box on drivers side, alternator and starter. I have a junction box of some sort in the second battery tray on the drivers side. Most fuses are removed but I'm going to check each for voltage while running.

I feel I can remove the wiring successfully but where is everyone putting the washer tank?

IMG_3318.jpegIMG_3319.jpeg

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I see most peoples PPV came with dual batteries. I've been cleaning up the wiring and removing all cut ends, then retaping the loom. I thought to add an extra battery. My first battery is on passenger side near the cowl. Runs to the junction on the fire wall, goes to fuse box on drivers side, alternator and starter. I have a junction box of some sort in the second battery tray on the drivers side. Most fuses are removed but I'm going to check each for voltage while running.

I feel I can remove the wiring successfully but where is everyone putting the washer tank?

View attachment 423697View attachment 423698
The oem tank projects too far down if the border patrol cut was done on the front bumper. That fuse panel was added by the upfitter, so likely can be removed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts