Who is running the new 18inch black Z71 wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaxman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apologies for the late reply fellas. For what it's worth (and keep in mind I am a perfectionist) it took me 4 days to prep and paint those wheels. Pain in the butt but thought it turned out well. Well admittedly part of it took so long because the first wheel painted I used a different paint (turned out awful) than what I finished with so had to strip that wheel down and start over.

The wheels were taken off so I could paint the inside. Surface scuffed with 220 grit sandpaper. The new flexible rubber type backing sandpaper works really well and holds up much better when it's wet. Paint used was Krylon Maxx semi gloss. About 5 coats and no clear coat. For a little added detailing I masked off the bowtie on the centercap to leave it with a more factory look.

Last edited:

jaxman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll post a pic up of the whole truck later. IF I get back from work and there is still light outside. :)

-Jax

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Looks clean bro!

Some spacers and bigger tires would look tough.

Also 220 is pretty harsh but if it turned out good then hey it worked. Usually smooth surfaces I use a wet 600.

jaxman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks clean bro!

Some spacers and bigger tires would look tough.

Also 220 is pretty harsh but if it turned out good then hey it worked. Usually smooth surfaces I use a wet 600.

Thanks man. Yeah I have definitely been considering spacers. At least on the rear. Not sure why so many Chevy's rear wheels have a narrower track than the fronts. My old K5 was the same way.

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE