Which grease for yolk & chassis; and which t-case fluid for '98

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get that crap out and put in the autotrac because you said you have that t-case installed.

I let it drain over night and filled it with the auto trak 2 fliud which was dark blue in color.

I'm going to read through my Haynes Manual and see if there is a way to test the fluid pump.

Other wise I will continue to change the fluid until it begins to drain out with out any of the red stuff being mixed in with it.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every previous 4wd drive ive owned has always used ATF now theyve always been fords
though are these transfer cases on the newer tahoes a bit different then the old new process or borg warners ive had in the past

OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cannot test the pump really. if the t-case does nit destroy itself then the pump is working really.

Well that's a sucky way to find out. It works fine so I guess I won't worry about it.
Just don't have a clue about how long ATF has been in there.

My truck has 237,*** miles on it.

Woodse

Reaction score
Do the nickel plated yoke if you have the clunk. Sunlitcomet sent me to Fort Wayne Driveshaft for the replacement. What a difference, no clunk! I wasted a year and greased the yoke three times which lasted a few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667