Which Air Aid should i get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
of course it will. it removes the hemholtz resonator. which is all that crap hanging off the oem intake tube.

think of it as a reverse muffler for intake noise.
That's why all CAI's make a change in sound. especially the open box styles.

Reaction score
Did it make a nice sound difference? I know when i put an intake on my 05 Denali it changed it a lot.

Oh yeah. There isn't a huge difference under normal driving, but when I get on it, the engine roars. I love the sound of the 6.2 now.

cav01c14

Reaction score
Are the ebay brand intake tubes any good? Saw just the tube for 70$ which I think would be a great gain over the stock tube with all the extra resonators. Anyone have any idea or is the air raid jr tube the way to go.

Reaction score
Are the ebay brand intake tubes any good? Saw just the tube for 70$ which I think would be a great gain over the stock tube with all the extra resonators. Anyone have any idea or is the air raid jr tube the way to go.

I don't have any experience with the ones for these trucks, but I had one on my TBSS and I wasn't a fan. It worked well enough, but the plastic was much thinner on that one than my Airaid MIT. This was several years ago, so they might be much better.

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a Airaid MIT with AFE Pro Dry S filter, noticed a slight performance gain but sounds like a beast when you stomp on it.

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
Just curious and trying to learn something here.
Air raid jr, Good cloth filter, cut open (not swiss cheese) the bottom of OEM box, leave the mounting holes and remove the steel plate from below the box.

Whats the reasoning for doing this?? I assume to let more cold air in. Seems like with this hot air from the engine bay would also be getting in and thus defeating the purpose of the Airaid Jr.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Whats the reasoning for doing this?? I assume to let more cold air in. Seems like with this hot air from the engine bay would also be getting in and thus defeating the purpose of the Airaid Jr.

I'm also curious.
I think the box being opened from the bottom will allow more outside air in than the engine compartment.
I'll have to look at it to see though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667