Which Air Aid should i get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtrummag

Reaction score
I have an 08 LT with the 5.3 and im not sure which air aid would give me the best bag for the buck.

Any suggestions?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you asking about air intakes? If so this thread, http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=489452#post489452, should give you some research material to decide which is best for you.

That is a great thread. Thanks for sharing the link. Looks like there is verifiable evidence that these aftermarket intakes do provide an improvement. I wonder if any tuning adjustments were done to that vehicle? It does say "stock" so I assume not.

Test vehicle was octane limited, knocking slightly with all intakes at various points. Testing with better fuel may yield different results

Interesting. MAF intake temp is 10* higher for k&n and AEM intakes. Those "cold air" intakes don't seem to be so cold.

I am curious how something like the "swiss cheese mod" would effect the stock intake.

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jenna needs to update or run a new set of tests, since that data is almost three years old and most of those models have been updated or are no longer available.

IMO, for the money, an AirAid MIT and a good dry drop-in filter in the stock airbox is the best solution; closed box for no underhood heat, dry filter for no MAF contamination, and a smooth plastic intake tube for less heat transfer to incoming intake air.

But that's just my opinion.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Air raid jr, Good cloth filter, cut open (not swiss cheese) the bottom of OEM box, leave the mounting holes and remove the steel plate from below the box.

Reaction score
I just put an MIT with K&N filter in my Denali last night. It feels like it goes when I tell it to just a bit quicker, and the sound is great.

OP
OP
M

mtrummag

Reaction score
Anyone know the part # for the MIT for an 08 tahoe?

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Found it 200-996.....what s good price for one of these?

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I just put an MIT with K&N filter in my Denali last night. It feels like it goes when I tell it to just a bit quicker, and the sound is great.

Did it make a nice sound difference? I know when i put an intake on my 05 Denali it changed it a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo