Where is onstar unit located in 2005 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rob C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, thanks a heap for the advice. I'm going to give this a shot and will post an update.

OP
OP
R

Rob C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is bluestar ? Never heard of it ?

Bluestar is a product that puts bluetooth on the old Chevys with Onstar. What makes them different from other bluetooth conversion kits is that they use the Onstar system, so the microphone is better, the sound is better and you can use the Onstar buttons. I bought mine on Amazon for $299, along with another kit that helps out with the stereo aspect.
http://www.bluestar2010.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2814782

OP
OP
R

Rob C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have it working yet ? I looked it up. Looks like a cool product. And for the money should work good too. This is the first I have seen and heard of this.

I'll post an update with more info on the install and how it went.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does the blue star system allow for Bluetooth streaming? Or is it Just strictly for hands free phone calling using the already built in mic that is part of the on star system?

OP
OP
R

Rob C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It does allow for streaming, but the Onstar unit limits that to mono. I picked up an ISimple device to use with it that allows for stereo. If you go to Amazon, one of the top reviews has some good detail on that.

OP
OP
R

Rob C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: The unit works great. Turns out the wires I needed to get to are accessible above the glove box, but removing the dash would be needed if you ever wanted to pull the Onstar out. The only problem I have now is that I can't get it to work with the ISimple ISGM535 unit, which is what allows you to stream stereo. Without it, streaming is mono. I put an email into the bluestar folks for advice on that, as the ISimple unit works well with Onstar. The problem I'm having is that with the ISimple attached, I cannot make calls.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not coming in stereo. Instead of all the speakers, maybe half are playing the music , or even less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645