Where did you install your amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to put a sub of mine back into service with a removeable box to go behind the third row, but I'm not sure where to put the amp. I don't think I want to be removing it to haul stuff, but some speaker wire and lifting a box out is easy enough. Ideas/pics?

stereodesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mount it on the back of the seat, or under the seats

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should mention that I have captains chairs, so with the amount they move forward I'm not sure I could do an amp on the back of them, but under "should" be possible

freaklydead

Reaction score
you could do it on the back of the seat, just leave a little extra wire for the movement of the seat. ive also put an amp in my storage compartment, worked well there also

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
here's a photo of my set up. i mounted my amp's and capacitor under the 2nd row captian's chair's

picture.jpg

Last edited:

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the top of the box :)

Attachments

• speakers.JPG
    speakers.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 132

savila1021

Reaction score
Under the front center console. I have both of mine in there. No over heating or nothing. Just make a small wood bracket. If they jack the subs they ain't getting the amps. Had to loosen the seats, n remove the console out.

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome guys. I'm not sure if my amp will fit under the center console (sorta large and it's 10 years old at this point), but might check that out anyway. So far I'm liking jeffyrc's setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660