Where can I get the best deal on a GM Master Protection Plan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does the warranty run out at 100,000 miles or 131,000 miles? Thanks.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gonatee

Reaction score
The warranty had to be purchased before 12000 miles. Still runs out at 100k

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
My warranty was bought at 31K miles and runs out at 131K miles - bought from Ken in MT. If I bought from the PA dealer, it would run out at 100K miles. Ask lots of questions and compare prices.

Kelzo

Reaction score
I am about to buy an extended warranty. Additional 5yrs/100k miles
This is not through GM though. Accepted everywhere, all dealerships, genuine parts, no deductible etc.

My Tahoe has 35k miles on it.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most outside companies “warranties” might not be honored, heck lots of times the company is gone by the time you need it. Even the GM extended one won’t cover a lot compared to the original just to mention.

Kelzo

Reaction score
From what I understand. The dealership is just the middleman here on ALL warranties. AKA a broker.
They are all outsourced, would assume the same with GM Masterplan etc.

So, I may be totally wrong, although one of my good friends works in the industry that supplies the dealerships warranties. She has been guiding me through it a little.

Either way, I think it's a gamble/insurance.

I forget the company name, but they oversee ALL insurance work/warranty work (again like health insurance) and it is mandated what the must cover and must charge.
Do your research and don't overpay. Keep haggling all the way down!

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand. The dealership is just the middleman here on ALL warranties. AKA a broker.
They are all outsourced, would assume the same with GM Masterplan etc.

So, I may be totally wrong, although one of my good friends works in the industry that supplies the dealerships warranties. She has been guiding me through it a little.

Either way, I think it's a gamble/insurance.

I forget the company name, but they oversee ALL insurance work/warranty work (again like health insurance) and it is mandated what the must cover and must charge.
Do your research and don't overpay. Keep haggling all the way down!
Actually, many dealers own their own warranty companies...or it's owned by the dealer's kids. Extra profit center for the dealer. Believe it ir not, some states, and the IRS allow these companies to be set up as tax-exempt entities, if they're structured correctly. Very, very profitable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59