Where can I get the best deal on a GM Master Protection Plan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911jason

Reaction score
Have 20k miles on my 2016 Yukon XL, looking to extend the warranty as long as possible. Are there any dealers on here that sell them? Any tips on what to look for and how to get the best price?

jason952

Reaction score
Is that the 5/100 extended bumper to bumper? We got it and it added 2100$ to our 2018, and its prorated if you trade in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There a couple of dealers on the Corvette Forum that sell them at a pretty good discount.

I bought the last GMEPP from Denny Menholt Chevrolet on a 14 Tahoe.

I got a quote from Black Cadillac on a 2017 Silverado, 84 Mo., 100K Miles, $0 Ded., $2418; $100 Ded., $2108.

Did not buy it as I am going to sell the truck..

I am going to call them in a few weeks for a quote on the new 2018 Tahoe..

I spoke to Kathy, 877.472.9550 ext. 300

Hope this helps,

Thirdcoast

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
I posted this on another warranty thread here. I bought a 84mo/100K warranty - hope to keep this as long as I kept my 2003!.....

This is copied from another GM forum. They sell 2 warranties; one is GMEPP and that is what I bought for my '16 Yukon. Be forewarned some states only sell warranties up to 100K miles (the PA dealer below told me that about his), some states can tack on warranty so it goes above 100K. I inquired on price from all 3 below as well as www.gmeppdirectsmith.com and www.knappvehicleservicecontracts.com and bought mine from the MT dealer who was the one I kept reading about on a few other forums as well. Ken was great to deal with! I never heard back from the AZ dealer. Bought in December, know from previous inquiries that pricing was a bit better in November. Warranties are a crap shoot but with the electronicson these cars, it takes little to add up to a BIG bill. I know from my Jeep with Hemi that was in for engine problems every oil change, my warranty paid off many, many times over.

The new warranty is called GMEPP (GM Extended Protection Plan). This is what all the dealers are switching to this year. Give this guy's a call. If buying from outside thier states, you don't pay tax either. Keep in mind that you can not buy an extended warranty outside the state if you live in MD or FL.

David Andrews

Bradley Chevrolet

Parker, AZ

928.669.2228 O

909.559.9636 C

[email protected]

Ken Fitchner

Denny Menholt Chevrolet

Billings, MT

[email protected]

(406) 896-3088 (Direct)

Allen Black

James E. Black Cadillac

Edensburg, PA

[email protected]

814-472-9550, ext 302

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ thanks for posting, was wanting to research this.

dmad1

Reaction score
Check with your financing agent or credit union. They will sell you an extended warranty.

Phdhusky

Reaction score
I posted this on another warranty thread here. I bought a 84mo/100K warranty - hope to keep this as long as I kept my 2003!.....

This is copied from another GM forum. They sell 2 warranties; one is GMEPP and that is what I bought for my '16 Yukon. Be forewarned some states only sell warranties up to 100K miles (the PA dealer below told me that about his), some states can tack on warranty so it goes above 100K. I inquired on price from all 3 below as well as www.gmeppdirectsmith.com and www.knappvehicleservicecontracts.com and bought mine from the MT dealer who was the one I kept reading about on a few other forums as well. Ken was great to deal with! I never heard back from the AZ dealer. Bought in December, know from previous inquiries that pricing was a bit better in November. Warranties are a crap shoot but with the electronicson these cars, it takes little to add up to a BIG bill. I know from my Jeep with Hemi that was in for engine problems every oil change, my warranty paid off many, many times over.

The new warranty is called GMEPP (GM Extended Protection Plan). This is what all the dealers are switching to this year. Give this guy's a call. If buying from outside thier states, you don't pay tax either. Keep in mind that you can not buy an extended warranty outside the state if you live in MD or FL.

Just purchased a new 2016 Yukon XL Denali (leftover stock). Does GMEPP start after the factory warranty or concurrent? Meaning if I buy a 84/100k warranty does that mean I'm covered for another 7 years after the factory 3?

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2016 Yukon XL Denali (leftover stock). Does GMEPP start after the factory warranty or concurrent? Meaning if I buy a 84/100k warranty does that mean I'm covered for another 7 years after the factory 3?
As I understand the way it works you get 7 years total and 100,000 miles total (both measured from in service date).

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand the way it works you get 7 years total and 100,000 miles total (both measured from in service date).
When I've purchased the warranties on my Suburbans, they started on the in-service date and X miles from the odometer reading when the warranty was purchased.

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
You can tack it on depending on where you buy it. I did not buy new, I bought used with 31K miles on it. Bought from Ken Fitcher listed above, warranty was tacked on to my current miles. The PA dealer could only sell me a warranty that went up to 100K miles on the vehicle. If buying new and from your dealer, I assume it would be in place of your new car warranty - ask and then shop prices before closing your deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99