Wheel specs for 2023 High Country 22 inch factory wheels???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonm

Reaction score
I looking to put aftermarket wheels (wanting to go down to 20 inch wheel from the factory 22 inch ones), but I'm having trouble finding the specs (width, offset, backspacing) of the factory wheels.

It's a 2023 Tahoe High country 4x4 with air ride, not looking to lift it or modify the suspension, just want to go a 20 inch aftermarket wheel and an all terrain tire (wife loves to run the tire sidewalls into curbs, so I need a thicker/ more rugged sidewall tire for her), but without knowing what the stock wheel specs are, it's really hard to pick an aftermarket wheel that'll work.

Any insight on stock wheel specs or what wheel and/ or tire size (in a 20 inch wheel) would work on a stock suspension high country with air ride would be appreciated. Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to see your existing wheel specs on the back side of the wheel. You will find the offset there. You should use the same wheel width as your existing wheel, also listed there.

So how do you read the markings and what do they mean?​

If you have shopped for wheels before, you probably have seen numbers like this:

4×100 17×6 ET30
And this is not the only way to write them. In Japan, these numbers are flipped and are written as

100-4h 6jx17+30
These marking above are used interchangeably based on where are the wheels are manufactured at. Based on the marking above, this wheel has four holes, 100 PCD, 17-inch in size, , 6 inches wide with am offset of 30.

OP
OP
Antonm

Antonm

Reaction score
Okay, guess I'll go crawl around on the garage floor with a flashlight when the wife gets home to see if I can get the numbers off the back of the wheels without taking them off.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ‘21 and up changed….the ‘20 and back oem wheels wont even fit them.

OP
OP
Antonm

Antonm

Reaction score
The ‘21 and up changed….the ‘20 and back oem wheels wont even fit them.

I'm not really looking at OEM wheels. Our Tahoe is white (or as GM calls it "Iridescent Pearl Tricoat", which I think is GM's term for "White paint that we just charge you more for"), so I'm looking to put a bronze wheel on it for contrast and maybe tie in with the high country bronze grill accent.

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not really looking at OEM wheels. Our Tahoe is white (or as GM calls it "Iridescent Pearl Tricoat", which I think is GM's term for "White paint that we just charge you more for"), so I'm looking to put a bronze wheel on it for contrast and maybe tie in with the high country bronze grill accent.
I understand. Just saying…pick your offset/backspacing wisely, as the new generation suv’s have a different brake setup that wont allow prior wheels to work.

Mark77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looking to put aftermarket wheels (wanting to go down to 20 inch wheel from the factory 22 inch ones), but I'm having trouble finding the specs (width, offset, backspacing) of the factory wheels.

It's a 2023 Tahoe High country 4x4 with air ride, not looking to lift it or modify the suspension, just want to go a 20 inch aftermarket wheel and an all terrain tire (wife loves to run the tire sidewalls into curbs, so I need a thicker/ more rugged sidewall tire for her), but without knowing what the stock wheel specs are, it's really hard to pick an aftermarket wheel that'll work.

Any insight on stock wheel specs or what wheel and/ or tire size (in a 20 inch wheel) would work on a stock suspension high country with air ride would be appreciated. Thanks
You may want to check with your dealer as I thought when you picked air suspension it required the 22 wheels….might be some clearance issue?

OP
OP
Antonm

Antonm

Reaction score
I'll check into it (probably not at the dealer, as I guarantee they'll say it can only accept whatever came stock).

The Z71 can be had with 20 inch wheels and air ride (at least GM's website lets you configure it that way in their "build and price"), the high country always seems to have 22s as part of the package.

Last edited: