Ok to put 20" rims on 2024 Tahoe High Country that came with 22" rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
photios

photios

Reaction score
What do you mean Discount Tire did it for free, didn't you buy tires from them for them to mount?
I purchased "take-offs" from an online dealer, and they swapped out my take-offs for the mounted 22's. They programmed the new tpms sensors and even bagged and loaded the 22's into the Tahoe. I have purchased tires from them in the past... perhaps I'm in the system as a customer....?

Only issue w/ DT is all they do is tires -- if ever a lug stud breaks, etc...you are SOL...
Oh my gosh, heaven forbid that that ever happens!

OP
OP
photios

photios

Reaction score
What do you mean Discount Tire did it for free, didn't you buy tires from them for them to mount?
I purchased 20" take-offs from an online retailer and they swapped the 20s for the original 22s. Perhaps they did this for free because I'm in their system as a customer having purchased tires from them in the past...?

Only issue w/ DT is all they do is tires -- if ever a lug stud breaks, etc...you are SOL...

Heaven forbid that that ever happens!!!!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased 20" take-offs from an online retailer and they swapped the 20s for the original 22s. Perhaps they did this for free because I'm in their system as a customer having purchased tires from them in the past...?

Heaven forbid that that ever happens!!!!
I've had 3x occurances of a cross threaded lug nut at DT, of course you don't find out until you try to remove it...
My fave was on my daughters Honda CR-V, with only 4 lug studs total, they bolted her up with 3 of the four and said "we broke this one, you will have to go get it fixed at a mechanic." And sent her on her way.
Was a Saturday afternoon, about 3pm, and she had a 200 mile road trip planed to leave right after the tire swap.
We managed to find a Midas to swap the lug stud...they found antoher on the same wheel cross threaded (recall the guy had just broke one taking it off..and cross threaded one of the 3 remaining putting it back on).
The Midas got them both done...then I fond out when I removed it later, Midas used conventional lug nuts vs. the required Honda acorn style...

Everyone bashes the dealer...but I will say have never had a dealer whiff on threading lug nuts!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 3x occurances of a cross threaded lug nut at DT, of course you don't find out until you try to remove it...
My fave was on my daughters Honda CR-V, with only 4 lug studs total, they bolted her up with 3 of the four and said "we broke this one, you will have to go get it fixed at a mechanic." And sent her on her way.
Was a Saturday afternoon, about 3pm, and she had a 200 mile road trip planed to leave right after the tire swap.
We managed to find a Midas to swap the lug stud...they found antoher on the same wheel cross threaded (recall the guy had just broke one taking it off..and cross threaded one of the 3 remaining putting it back on).
The Midas got them both done...then I fond out when I removed it later, Midas used conventional lug nuts vs. the required Honda acorn style...

Everyone bashes the dealer...but I will say have never had a dealer whiff on threading lug nuts!

I had new tires installed on my wifes 2022 high country tahoe at discount tire as soon as she bought it. About a week later, she said it sounds like the rear end is going out or something. Huh. When she came home that day and was backing down the driveway i was standing there just listening trying to figure out the noise. Yep, just what i thought…popped the center cap iff the back passenger tire and two of the lug nuts were just rolling around in there, a few other loose. I just dont understand. I have rotated my tires and done brakes in my driveway for the last 25+ years, never once had a lug nut come loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan