New Build! 2024 High Country Blackout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArBldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey team, I thought I'd post my build here for advice on any missed options. I think its pretty much fully loaded at just about $93K. (not bad).

Anyway, I have the 6.2, Mocha interior, tow package, max cooling, brembo brakes and air ride. Having some trouble with advanced technology and premium package and premium package to. I definitely want supercruise... What am I doing wrong here? Is premium included in the high country?

Looking for a blackout grille for the High Country. I wanted the Z-71 for the aggressive look but the Mocha interior is non-negotiable. Are people really buying the $6k blackout kits or just wrapping the chrome? Links to best most aggressive black grills please.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 3.55.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 3.55.39 PM.png
    828.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 3.45.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 3.45.39 PM.png
    721.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

shadeandsound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have worked with several major name brands of vinyl over the years, and would always recommend obtaining the actual trim pieces in the color/finish you want, regardless of cost if it's not a big issue.

Vinyl, especially black, will have a shorter lifespan and no matter who installs it, or how much time is taken for disassembly/reassembly/preparation, the coverage and longetivity will never be as perfect as manufactured panels. This would apply of course to the wear and tear a grille receives, and the tight fitment of parts like window trim, etc. which can have slight rippling over time due to vibration if wrapped in vinyl.

OP
OP
ArBldr

ArBldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have worked with several major name brands of vinyl over the years, and would always recommend obtaining the actual trim pieces in the color/finish you want, regardless of cost if it's not a big issue.

Vinyl, especially black, will have a shorter lifespan and no matter who installs it, or how much time is taken for disassembly/reassembly/preparation, the coverage and longetivity will never be as perfect as manufactured panels. This would apply of course to the wear and tear a grille receives, and the tight fitment of parts like window trim, etc. which can have slight rippling over time due to vibration if wrapped in vinyl.
Ok. That’s good feedback. The truck will be in Florida with lots of sun.

Can you help me out on the packages? Premium, Premium 2 and Max Tow. Also the tech packages seems to delete all of these. What is the best way to trim out this Tahoe for luxury and performance?

shadeandsound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. That’s good feedback. The truck will be in Florida with lots of sun.

Can you help me out on the packages? Premium, Premium 2 and Max Tow. Also the tech packages seems to delete all of these. What is the best way to trim out this Tahoe for luxury and performance?
I'm not well-versed on the Tahoe packages, but am somewhat of an expert at Yukons, having now ordered four different identically-optioned Yukon XL Denali Duramaxes since last year.

Two never got allocations, the third was perfect until some cretin at the dealer slapped their tint and door edge guards on, after I specifically told several individuals at the dealer not to touch it, and was assured they wouldn't. So last Monday, ordered my fourth from a different dealer, who offered to leave it wrapped in delivery plastic if I so desired.

What I can tell you from these experiences, is that the consumer side of GM's website may or may not package everything exactly as the dealer can on the back end, since there are occasionally some differences in how options are assembled on an actual dealer order. I have noticed some glitches on the consumer website in the past, where I would select items that would remove others without any sensible reason, or items like wheel options would not be present in the summary, though they were accounted for in the total.

While some combinations might not be possible, I would try to find the most competent Tahoe orderering guy at a dealership that seems to have plenty of Tahoe inventory, and see what they can do with regard to keeping/adding features you want, without the automatic deletions if possible, as the consumer website does.

OP
OP
ArBldr

ArBldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@mods please move this to the standard tahoe general discussion. I realize I posted in EV.

alexei81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the mocha is must have then your only option will be the High Country. In terms of the packages:

HC Deluxe has everything in Premium and more, Premium has everything in Premium 2 and more. Max tow is included with HC Deluxe and Premium but not Premium 2. And advance tech seems like it's something different that cannot be combined with any of the others.

You can open two windows split screen right/left and see the details on the packages to compare whats diff btwn them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660