Wheel Choice Headaches!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

Help!

Folks, I honestly cannot tell you how many "months" that I've been so totally overwhelmed with wheel and tire choices, that I'd like to throw on my OBS 1997 Tahoe LT 4x4?

Without a doubt, I must've perused-gawked at 10,000 wheels on the market today, most in pics, but quite many in person.

As of late, and since joining this forum, the Factory Repro Wheels that Tony here offers you folks seem more and more attractive, seem like an extremely great bang for the buck, look to be well made, I assume that many will fit quite well, and will be a failsafe choice to make.

Plus Tony's exemplary reputation seems quite well established here, and that is also an important consideration in my book, dealing with good reputable people, who sell great products.

As you all know, a wheel choice, is like a clothing choice, or the way we wear our hair, etc, such is an extension of one's persona, one's tastes, and what we personally feel looks great on our cherished vehicles.

I'm thinking on going with the CK375 in 22". Never did I think I'd go with a so many spoked wheel, and perhaps wanted something with a bit more "lip", like a Boss 330. (Or the BR Pondora) I think tires of choice at present would be the Nitto 421Q in 285/45-22.

Cleaning-maintaining doesn't frighten me with little nooks-crannies. I've owned many great rides over the years, like '67 Stingrays, '68 SS 396 Camaros, '66 T-Birds, Lincolns, SUVs Jacked Pickups, Jeeps, Impalas.

Do you think this wheel-tire choice will be a nice one? I know I have to ultimately decide, I'm 99% of the way there.
Thanks all, Mark

(PS: Tires-wheels on board currently are 16x8 with 275/70-16 Michelin LTX)

Last edited:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with some 375's. They are a very nice looking wheel. I think they will be replacement as well after mine have run their course. I just put a set of the same tires on and they are a great tire. At the end of the day it is what you think looks good-go with your gut feeling.....

OP
OP
MarkD51

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for responding, and giving some thoughts, and help.

In the true realm of things, $1300 is pocket change to spend for 4 wheels.

Imagine walking into a Ferrari Dealer, because your wife just curb rashed one of your wheels on your 458 Italia, and see what kind of money you'll be dropping for a replacement?

I love my Tahoe, it is spotless, a lot of hard work, sweat, suffering, non-use when one thought you would need such the most.

An example, in Chicago, around 2002, or so, 21 inches of snow fell, and one would think "hey this is what I bought this vehicle for, to 4 wheel my way to a craphole railroad yard to get to work in the middle of winter", with all the animals, all the city makeshift garbage trucks with plows on the front and a metric ton of salt spread at every intersection.

And my garage, with 4' of snow piled up against the overhead door, at 5am in the morning, and seeing that situation, I said "the hell with that", jumped a CTA Bus, and rode to work with a bunch of animals.

Sufferage, you bet, but the Tahoe stayed nice and dry in my garage, no salt, no clowns rear ending me, etc etc etc.

A couple of weeks later, when the streets were dry-clean, out came the Tahoe.
This care has paid off, I still have a vehicle worth keeping, and investing "some" money into. My Hoe has 39.8K on the Odo.

As for a few mods here and there it is basically stock, no engine, tranny axle teardowns, only AC work has been the major issue over the past couple years,
Mark

Last edited:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CK375's are great rims would look great on your truck, or theres these Denali rep. rims

udeja6e7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MarkD51

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've decided to go with the new 22x9 Yukon Wheels in Chrome that Tony can get (Factory Reps)
In fact, I'll supply him with all info tomorrow, and will forward payment to him.

Thus hopefully, they'll be on their way first thing next week.

Tire of choice will be the Nitto 421Q V rated all season in 285/45-22.

When all is said and done and they're fitted up, I'll of course post some pics.
Mark

PS: I agree about the CK375, I was seriously considering this wheel first,

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agjncndjxnnn