What's up tahoeyukon it's been a while.. Getting the notorious p1345 code..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sp1nn3y

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Hey, 96 Tahoe here.. I went in not too long ago to replace my distributor and my intake gaskets, and of course in all of the confusion i forgot to mark where it all was set and had to reset everything back.. I've had the p1345 code ever since.. it worked great for a month or two, no stutter or anything but now i'm having a huge problem with cranking up and feeling a slight loss of power in driving.. I'm not a mechanic myself so i got a buddy to come over and make sure i set everything right, he even brought his code scanner and we got the Cam offset to what WE BELIEVE was within the "-/+ 2" allowance.. Cranked fine then i went to work.. after work i cranked the truck and now it's back to running the same way it was before.. huge stutter on crank.. Did i not really set it to "-/+ 2" or did i miss something else?

I did do some googling/searching but i didn't find any definitive answers.. I'm a little confused as to what i'm missing? I've heard so many things that could be the problem which is why i'm here, if i'm forgetting any info please let me know and ill get it here, Thanks!

OP
OP
Sp1nn3y

Sp1nn3y

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out that the bracket holding the new distributor i got was holding me out a tooth when i tightened it down.. We cut the hole bigger to allow some play when setting it down and it starts up great, the code's also gone.. Had to sit back after two hours of resetting it back to TDC and remember 'KISS'.. Keep it Simple Stupid.. Definitely worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo