What's the best Intake/CAI kit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Intake/CAI for my 08 Tahoe 4.8 and was wondering which was the best performing intake for the money? At this time I'm not planning on putting a aftermarket exhaust so would this hurt the performance of the intake?

I've thought about getting the Airaid Jr tube but didn't know how good it would be. Let me hear your opinions and advice. Thanks!:Handshake:

Thanks,
DwDrummer

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I say AfE, AEM and Volant are all good.
Truckin proved the Airraid complete intake kit to add 22HP to a 5.3 07 Tahoe, though Airraid said it will only give a 19HP gain.
Airraid def. has the best HP gains that have been proven to me yet.

DallasD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have S&B and it is a nice fit and look. If you are not wanting to spend a lot of money you can look at spectre it looks like the AEM kit but for half price.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help if I get the Airaid JR. kit and don't put exhaust will it help out any??

Thanks,
DwDrummer

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant for me.....call them and they might make a deal right now.....

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just changing out that stock intake tube/resonator will make a heck of a difference.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changing out that stock intake tube/resonator will make a heck of a difference.

I thought it would have to help some. I like the way my factory exhaust sounds now but would like to have a little more power/throttle responce and help the MPG!:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hillstrubl