What will the 2010 tow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mobo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking into thre 2010 models right now with very low mileage on em all. They all have standard 5.3l engine with tow package. None have HD cooling package but I can take care of getting that afterwards. What can they tow right now as is and what can they pull after the cooling of oil and tranny are installed? I get different answers everywhere. The dealers tend to say what they think you want to hear i'm afraid..

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant give you an exact on the towing but i can say if you want a tahoe to tow better buy 2010-down because 2011 there gona be sitting on the same frame as a Malibu not the silverado like they do now.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

and 2010 Is Rated 8400lbs

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant give you an exact on the towing but i can say if you want a tahoe to tow better buy 2010-down because 2011 there gona be sitting on the same frame as a Malibu not the silverado like they do now.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

and 2010 Is Rated 8400lbs

WTF, sitting on the same frame as the MALIBU?

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said the ones you are looking at have the towing package. If that is the case they already have an transmission and oil cooler as well as the 3.42 axles. None of them have a HD engine cooling if you mean a larger radiator. They will tow about 8200 to 8400 lbs depending on 2 or 4 wheel drive.

The 2011 Hoes are definately on a truck frame as I've got one sitting in my driveway

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mobo

Mobo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You said the ones you are looking at have the towing package. If that is the case they already have an transmission and oil cooler as well as the 3.42 axles. None of them have a HD engine cooling if you mean a larger radiator. They will tow about 8200 to 8400 lbs depending on 2 or 4 wheel drive.

The 2011 Hoes are definately on a truck frame as I've got one sitting in my driveway

They have the 3.08 rear axle. I saw the code in the glove box myself but the dealer said both have tow packages..Very confusing..

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is full of it. He must think a hitch and lights connection is the tow package. Without the towing package and with the 3:08 gears you can tow 5200 lbs. I prefer not to tow any more then about two thirds of any vehicles' rating.

OP
OP
Mobo

Mobo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats what I thought..They all come with a hitch and wiring harness.

I must keep looking for the right one then..This is why forums are great. You get the answers you need..Thanks..
:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts