What is the Difference Between a Corvette 6.2 and a Denali 6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimstem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So given all that, is there a way to take that 6.2 in the Denali (or starting in 2018 with the Tahoe RST package) up to the same output as the Corvette, without adding a supercharger? I'm surprised there isn't a kit or something that basically transforms the SUV 6.2 into the Corvette 6.2 output.... or maybe I'm missing something....

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... given all that, is there a way to take the Denali 6.2L (or starting in 2018 with the Tahoe RST package) up to the same output as the 'vette, without adding a supercharger?
ECM tune & TCM tune would be the biggest bang for the buck in terms of getting a GMTK2xx 6.2L closer to 'vette 6.2L output parity.
If you specify that you'll never use 87 octane , or 87 & 89 octanes, the engine tune can be considerably improved.
As for the TCM, GM programs it to maximize MpGs, meaning less fun.
A TCM tune may lower the peak possible mileage by 2 or even 3MpG, but the transmission will become more responsive, improving Smiles per Gallon.

I'm still confused as to why more of y'all ain't gotten your vehicles tuned yet ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts