what does a capacitor do for you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
please continue

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

lol im into rap n metal but i always have my bass super high. i dont listen to music my subs are so loud they basically drownd the music.... thats what i want

my bass is cranked to max, Amp is max, sub knob is max. Also im running an infinity amp for the speakers. So That may be why I have more dimming than you.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please continue

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

lol im into rap n metal but i always have my bass super high. i dont listen to music my subs are so loud they basically drownd the music.... thats what i want

get an optima at least. how many watts are you running? i think i said 600 some..honestly just the deep cycle battery should be enough for you along with the upgraded grounds. upgrade all of your grounds..ground from battery to motor, battery to frame, battery to body, run a 2nd wire from the battery straight to the Alternator. This will help immensely.

OP
OP
drowndindreams

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my bass is cranked to max, Amp is max, sub knob is max. Also im running an infinity amp for the speakers. So That may be why I have more dimming than you.

when you say dim do you mean as in hardcore dimming where you can clearly see your headlights and interior lights DIMMING,

or just like "oh its dimming a bit"

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
Check out SVR Batteries!! they are very quick charging batteries, and they drain slower, supposidly slower then Kinetik...we will see. I have a few coming this week
picture.jpg

Last edited:

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get an optima at least. how many watts are you running? i think i said 600 some..honestly just the deep cycle battery should be enough for you along with the upgraded grounds. upgrade all of your grounds..ground from battery to motor, battery to frame, battery to body, run a 2nd wire from the battery straight to the Alternator. This will help immensely.

Exactly what he said! I ran 2 gauge for my big 3, 160amp alt, red top optima, 0/1 gauge for my amp runs with a breaker and I never have a dip below 11v at idle with my sub cranked. I never ended up installing my 1 farad cap after I upgraded all of the wiring.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
when you say dim do you mean as in hardcore dimming where you can clearly see your headlights and interior lights DIMMING,

or just like "oh its dimming a bit"

Like where I can actually see the dash and head lights dimming. And more than just moving the window up when its up.

Also When this happenes I can clearly watch my batt gauge dip to 12 then back to 14. then for a deep hit 11 then 14, then for a major base run watch it go 12-11-12-11-10-9-0-14. lol

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
with caps just go by 1 farad per 1000 watts. and always upgread your ground. your power is only as good as your grounds are.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first thing should be the big 3..upgrade every ground you can find with at least 4 gauge wire..i have 0 gauge on mine. Then run a bigger wire, at least 4 gauge, from the ALT to the + battery. Remember not to remove any stock grounds, just double them up.

From there, upgrade your stock battery to an Optima, kenitik or other deep cycle battery.

If that is not enough, you SHOULD probably upgrade the ALT to at least a 200 amp, but you could just get a 2nd battery, like I did, and have no issues, other then working the ALT a little harder, but it will cure your dimming.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score

and this is typical consumers that don't know......you'll have a short lived system with settings like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
804getSome

Latest posts