What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
8845ce14302992f50695b58d0ea72dd5.jpg
My latest project

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

chipmaker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is that a cat-back exhaust or an exhaust from the cat-back? or is it from Cat Back?

It was a Magnaflow muffler and custom bent tubing to clear axle from the cat back. Less drone, no more clanging from axle and exhaust interference. Can deflate air shocks completely, but then frame and axle come into contact. Its a start.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some vacation time coming up in two weeks so the plans are -

Revamp the front brakes - lines, calipers, fluid, m/c cap & gasket
New 4600's - the ones on it now have probably 60-80k on them
Found a bull bar locally - gonna mount my Hella 450's on that

Window motor on pass front went out, luckily I have a spare at my parents.

One of our customers traded in a car with fairly new snow tires that we can't sell so I snagged those, they're 17's, just need to find another pair of 17in American Racing wheels to match the pair I got from Summit's discount rack.

Big Poppa Pump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some vacation time coming up in two weeks so the plans are -

New 4600's - the ones on it now have probably 60-80k on them

That sounds like a good idea. I have 172,000 on my shocks. I think I'll remove one end and see if I have any dampening in them left. I like the 4600's also but I have a bone stock Tahoe.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took them off just to see how bad they were a few weeks back, I could easily compress them without trying. The fronts were by far the worst.

Big Poppa Pump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took them off just to see how bad they were a few weeks back, I could easily compress them without trying. The fronts were by far the worst.
At least that part of your "To do" list looks pretty easy on these. I've never done them before but the book makes it look like a straightforward swap.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is, mine came out by hand with a ratchet and a couple wrenches. The hardest part was getting the bolts for the rear shocks back in b/c the little captured nut thing kept moving around on me.