What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got 4 new Bilsteins installed

Next to install (parts in the garage) Rough Country UCAs, 3" keys, blocks w/U bolts

Next to pick up: Friday, NNBS 18" Silverado Z71 wheels and BFG KO2s (285/70-18) that size comes out to 33.7"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following mod list - NBS Brake MC, SS brakelines, EBC YellowStuff pads, 1T aka 3500 brake calipers

Are the brake calipers from a 3500 a direct bolt up to the 1500 and im guessing a nbs mc is the hydro boost upgrade right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creese99

Reaction score
Changed out a leaking wheel cylinder again. Used an entire quart of fluid to bleed the lines.
I bleed the abs module and MC by cracking the their lines loose as my boy pressed the pedal. The brakes have more bite now than they ever have in the past 6 years.
I flushed the trans fluid thru the lower cooler line on the radiator.
And washed this beautiful beast

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
The 2dr should be back up soon. Probably gonna go disk brake rear end aswell and better gears since I have a few nbs rear ends chillin around

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoamed my burb today. Figured with 188k on the clock id give it a try and see if some of the issues clear up. My poor ride doesnt have enough to spin the tires on dirt. Not really looking forward the possibility of needing a new engine or doing a overhaul on this one. But i guess with a new one i get a warranty right?!? Lol

I'm in the same boat. Approaching 200k, already did chain and w/p on it a few years back. It's got a ticking lifter. I'd kinda rather pull mine and reseal everything, give it a once over, and slap it back in rather than drop the $3k on a new one from summit.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the brake calipers from a 3500 a direct bolt up to the 1500 and im guessing a nbs mc is the hydro boost upgrade right?

The JB8 brake calipers are the 1 ton pieces. Yes they bolt right up, I did them on my Tahoe years ago. I also replaced the flexible rubber line with a custom braided stainless setup. I swapped pads at that time but I'm not sure if that was required or not. You will have to swap the master to a JB8 master at the same time. The Hydroboost setup replaces the vacuum booster, that's a different upgrade and takes LOTS more then just a booster swap.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Approaching 200k, already did chain and w/p on it a few years back. It's got a ticking lifter. I'd kinda rather pull mine and reseal everything, give it a once over, and slap it back in rather than drop the $3k on a new one from summit.

I figure either way im spending the same amount lol. My dealership i bought it at quoted me 4800 to pull reseal and do a full once over and that with discounts. I can get a new long block with warranty for almost th same price. So im not sure what ill do lol

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Changed out my CTS and pigtail, seems to have brought down the rich smell on idle. And the idle dropped to 600 in drive. I need to upgrade my thermostat to a 195 and tighten back up the donuts, I hear a small leak on the passenger side. The VSS fixed my OD and TC lock-up issues. My rear output shaft seal seems to be leaking but we changed that out and it's still leaking a bit. I think I have a vent clogged, the idiot before must have sunk this thing in a mud puddle and left it there for days. These are just some of the chunks of Tennessee clay I've dug out from it. 20170930_114217_resized.jpg 20170512_174143_resized.jpg 20170512_174135_resized.jpg

Also, found this broken off at the top of the transmission/t-case. Is this the 4wd indicator? Is there a light that shows on the dash when I manually shift it into 4H or 4L?
20171029_133814_resized.jpg 20171029_133826_resized.jpg
And lastly, any hints on how to scan codes on a OBD1.5? I have a OBD2 port under the dash but none of the ODB2 programs the hubby has will read it and if he tries an OBD1 program, it still doesn't read it. I don't have any SES or CEL lit up.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out my CTS and pigtail, seems to have brought down the rich smell on idle. And the idle dropped to 600 in drive. I need to upgrade my thermostat to a 195 and tighten back up the donuts, I hear a small leak on the passenger side. The VSS fixed my OD and TC lock-up issues. My rear output shaft seal seems to be leaking but we changed that out and it's still leaking a bit. I think I have a vent clogged, the idiot before must have sunk this thing in a mud puddle and left it there for days. These are just some of the chunks of Tennessee clay I've dug out from it. View attachment 186631 View attachment 186630 View attachment 186629

Also, found this broken off at the top of the transmission/t-case. Is this the 4wd indicator? Is there a light that shows on the dash when I manually shift it into 4H or 4L?
View attachment 186633 View attachment 186634
And lastly, any hints on how to scan codes on a OBD1.5? I have a OBD2 port under the dash but none of the ODB2 programs the hubby has will read it and if he tries an OBD1 program, it still doesn't read it. I don't have any SES or CEL lit up.

Make sure you have a bulb in the Cel socket, the p.o.s. I bought mine from pulled the bulb so I wouldn’t see it

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure either way im spending the same amount lol. My dealership i bought it at quoted me 4800 to pull reseal and do a full once over and that with discounts. I can get a new long block with warranty for almost th same price. So im not sure what ill do lol

I'm lucky, couple of my friends are techs, once has his own lift in his garage/shop and I work in a parts dept. The parts aren't the problem, it's finding the time to do it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71