What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black running boards and fender flares aren't bad...but I was always a sucker for Tony Soprano's Suburban.

d5ae1eb096d17520ff81a3fc6cda8fd0.jpg

You ever think about black step bars?

5fec9ee057d11ed86c8b6e76a2c630e9.jpg

Those are both good looking rigs!!Yea been thinking about them but still not sure. Found the n fab ones and like them. But since we go to the mountains i need some rock sliders cause i forget it not a jeep so i might have some made lol. I need a front end guard bad though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty decent in the pics, I would have had the dent in the hood fixed tho kinda takes away from how clean that truck is

I know right! Ill get a brand new hood at tax time this one was just a jy replacement for the hail battered one.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a YouTube video where someone put n-fab sliders on a two-door Tahoe. They mounted them to hang (essentially) from the rockers, which seemed like a weak mounting point to me. Maybe that's how they're done?

I just figured mounting to the frame would be stronger and better than drilling holes in rocker panels. Seems like it would be a potential rust point for those that live up north.

GMJedi

Reaction score
Put on my new power stop slotted and drilled rotors with ceramic pads and new stainless brake lines, went ahead and put on a new master cylinder since mine started leaking when I was bleeding my brakes, stops way better now and it looks good too! gonna throw on a new water pump and lower radiator hose and a new steering speed sensor tomorrow before football starts
2b0a168c73251941539bb794dcce28e7.jpg
c6ec36b29ee4ae4b1c44263009e4fcde.jpg

Whoa there cowboy. Pace yourself. ✌️

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
This weekend was a big weekend for the Franken-truck as we've started calling it. I have a 95 2 door Hoe. Needed new front suspension/steering, so I start gathering parts a few weeks out. I have the hubby check my lower control arms, they are stamped, so that means pressed balljoints. Nope. Not really. We get it on the lift at the shop and well, well, well, one side has been redone so the rivets are gone on the lower left. Not touched on the right side. Upper ball joints haven't been done either. To replace the idle arm and relay and pittman arm, the center link and steering box had to come out. The upper ball joints on the right came right out after grinding off the top rivet them just punched them through with an awl and hammer. The lowers required a chisel, hammer, drill and just an hour of time. The upper left side required the same as the lower right but the bottom left only required one bolt to be cut off. Tie rods went better than expected. And there is still a ton of red clay under that truck, even after scraping/blowing more off. We also changed out the rear transfer case output shaft seal, that plugs up a leak. The VSS is definitely shot, have one coming from Rock Auto. Oh and at the top of the t-case, found a plug and half of a sensor. It was sheared off somehow. I believe it is the transfer case switch sensor which if I read it right, only lights up a light on the dash when you put it in 4WD. It is a manual shift t-case. I'm convinced that it is a half year model and they just threw leftover parts on it when they built the damn thing. The only thing that went well was replacing the CV axle on the left side.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After putting on all my new brake stuff this weekend and still kinda having mushy brakes, I decided to take the ol girl to a shop that specializes in brakes today and had them do a full bleed including the ABS module and afterwards.... Best freakin $88 I’ve spent in a while! Now I have a lot less pedal travel, and wayyyy more braking power even the tech said after taking it for a test drive that it brakes like a brand new truck! And I definitely agree!

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a 00 Tahoe at the local PAP with the full center console still intact, albeit filthy. Gonna try and snag that my next chance to get out there.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got 4 new Bilsteins installed

Next to install (parts in the garage) Rough Country UCAs, 3" keys, blocks w/U bolts

Next to pick up: Friday, NNBS 18" Silverado Z71 wheels and BFG KO2s (285/70-18) that size comes out to 33.7"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following mod list - NBS Brake MC, SS brakelines, EBC YellowStuff pads, 1T aka 3500 brake calipers

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Fixed my tranny and OD problem. VSS was shot. She cruises now. Replaced headlights, signal indicators and side markers and sway bar links. Off to rhe shop on Friday for an alignment and I'm one happy girl!

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoamed my burb today. Figured with 188k on the clock id give it a try and see if some of the issues clear up. My poor ride doesnt have enough to spin the tires on dirt. Not really looking forward the possibility of needing a new engine or doing a overhaul on this one. But i guess with a new one i get a warranty right?!? Lol