What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Got both oil cooler lines. Just gotta put them in. Same goes for the blend door actuator... fun tasks... not

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I would have said replace just the valve core but that port looks like it may not be that cleanable and might have plugged the orifice valve in the process.

That's what I was trying to do, but the top of the core sheared off and I can't remove it now. It needs a new manifold line.

When I get done moving next week I'm going to flush it, put new seals on, new drier, new orifice tube, put a vac on it, and try putting 21oz of computer duster refrigerant (r152a) in it and see what happens. My truck doesn't have rear a/c and it couldn't ever keep up before with r134a.

I'm tempted to take a few winds off the blower motor and upgrade the wiring too to get some more speed. I dunno if my evaporator is clogged with shit or what, but it doesn't blow worth a damn on high.

Elpescador100

Reaction score
dump the e3 and use delco 41-993or autolite xp605 equivalents.

regarding the e3 Swap.... can you give me more info on the plugs you recommended.. and why.. also i want to change out the wires as well... if you can recommend the best wires please that would be great.... and thank you,...

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was trying to do, but the top of the core sheared off and I can't remove it now. It needs a new manifold line.

When I get done moving next week I'm going to flush it, put new seals on, new drier, new orifice tube, put a vac on it, and try putting 21oz of computer duster refrigerant (r152a) in it and see what happens. My truck doesn't have rear a/c and it couldn't ever keep up before with r134a.

I'm tempted to take a few winds off the blower motor and upgrade the wiring too to get some more speed. I dunno if my evaporator is clogged with shit or what, but it doesn't blow worth a damn on high.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29095

cent frum a smaert fone

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

regarding the e3 Swap.... can you give me more info on the plugs you recommended.. and why.. also i want to change out the wires as well... if you can recommend the best wires please that would be great.... and thank you,...
Having run E3's, I found they provide no benefit over standard plugs. I would say just run them until your next change.

cent frum a smaert fone

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score

He is recommending you go with Delco 41-993s or Autolite xp605s ( what I run btw). Or another equivalent iridium plug. Vortecs run best on iridium plugs and they will last longer.
For the wires I would run the AC Delcos or the MSDs ( what I run)

Elpescador100

Reaction score
My attempt at under hood insulation Still not done yet.....
I used 3/4 inch DynaMat ..... going to use 1/4 inch for the Cowl area....

20150509_130225_zpspqbioaom.jpg
20150509_130233_zpsnztaw4ld.jpg

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vote: May 2015 Truck of the Month.....

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72301

Sponsored by Black Flame Customs HID Retro-fitter

blackflamecustoms_logo.png

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck got broken into the one night I left it at work so I could take my other car home. Whoever did it took my cd player, cd's, and old tom tom gps. The worst part is, that rather than just break the window, they tried prying the door handle out, which didn't work and just messed up the door and all the rods/latch. Then when that didn't work, they broke the window :/

So now I'm on the hunt for a passenger power door. I've got the hookup on the body work with a buddy but finding a clean (not completely rusted) door around me is next to impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62