What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beechwood

Reaction score
Looked under the hood to see how the new headers are doing. Also got a data capture run. May need to De-Jack my t-bars a bit. I think when I jacked them up it really hurt the aerodynamics. I Think I lost about 2 mpg after jacking them up. Any thoughts?

Considering mileage depends on Coefficient drag and frontal area, I would suspect it does have a very negative effect on mpg. The basic formula is Cd x Frontal Area x Density of Air x Speed Squared. So if you increased your frontal area by raising the truck, plus figure in the fact the front air dam isn't as effective at reducing the drag under the vehicle, I would think its very plausible that lowering the front end would be beneficial.

That being said, there is no substitute for sitting up high :driver:

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced bad battery after not starting the yuk in two days the radio will be dead.Been doing it for
Awhile now.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
And my pops and I parked together :)

GEDC0032-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Looks good, what your plans?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Im planning on going a little old school mixed with performance. It has an 8 month old rebuilt 5.7L. I am going to do a RV Cam, Headers, Intake, Hypertech chip, corvette servo, MSD Ignition and possibly up the gears to 3.73 with limited slip form the open 3.07 rearend it has now.

I also plan to repaint it and do a DJM 4/6 drop on 1996 Impala SS rims :evillol:

Basically a 4-door version of this!

38805534001_large.jpg

Last edited:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And my pops and I parked together :)

GEDC0032-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Im planning on going a little old school mixed with performance. It has an 8 month old rebuilt 5.7L. I am going to do a RV Cam, Headers, Intake, Hypertech chip, corvette servo, MSD Ignition and possibly up the gears to 3.73 with limited slip form the open 3.07 rearend it has now.

I also plan to repaint it and do a DJM 4/6 drop on 1996 Impala SS rims :evillol:

Sounds good, what year?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been changing all my lines. Last week was oil cooler today was power steering. Hopefully I got them tightened down good enough so they don't leak. I had to go to Lowes to get a 16 stubby wrench, that made things ten times easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thathighlife7