What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a k2 clear coat made just for lights. 2k is clear with hardener, but instead of mixing it and then needing a paint gun. it's in a spray can, just break the bladder inside, they mix and you get proper 2 part clear from a simple spray paint can.

tape around the light, wet sand with 600-800, clean well with glass cleaner, let dry and hit it with 2 coats of that clear. be as good as oem new, which is better than most aftermarket housings.

tons of good youtube videos on it.

SMT 3684068, SprayMax 2K 2 in 1 Headlight Clear https://a.co/d/2p8jwEU

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just discovered a hi-flow power-steering leak.... like all of it within a day. So I ordered up those three hoses and seals. The cooler looks dry & fine at the core and hardlines, but at the pump and rack there is so much muck and wet schmutz that I'm really not sure where the leak is... so they're all getting replaced.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
there's a k2 clear coat made just for lights. 2k is clear with hardener, but instead of mixing it and then needing a paint gun. it's in a spray can, just break the bladder inside, they mix and you get proper 2 part clear from a simple spray paint can.

tape around the light, wet sand with 600-800, clean well with glass cleaner, let dry and hit it with 2 coats of that clear. be as good as oem new, which is better than most aftermarket housings.

tons of good youtube videos on it.

SMT 3684068, SprayMax 2K 2 in 1 Headlight Clear https://a.co/d/2p8jwEU
I used to restore headlights when I had my business. I had 2 4oz bottles that I'd mix together--it was the UV protector. That stuff was amazing--but at $45 a bottle--expensive AF.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just discovered a hi-flow power-steering leak.... like all of it within a day. So I ordered up those three hoses and seals. The cooler looks dry & fine at the core and hardlines, but at the pump and rack there is so much muck and wet schmutz that I'm really not sure where the leak is... so they're all getting replaced.
I did the same thing on my '07 a couple years ago. All new pressure and return lines, plus a new steering rack because my original was leaking. Gotta watch those line fitting seals on the rack. Easy to get them in there cattywompus such that they leak.

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noticed my power steering not doing so great again when parking, must be the warmer weather.. Have new pump & lines if needed, but i know my steering rack bushing loose.. clicks on right side when it moves.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
usually the seal inside the hydraulic cylinder gives out, so each time you turn the wheel out the fluid squirts out with it.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually the seal inside the hydraulic cylinder gives out, so each time you turn the wheel out the fluid squirts out with it.

I'll see if I can get a helper to turn the wheel while I'm looking closely at the rack... w/safety squints engaged.

To be honest, there was always some sort of seep/small leak, but I never took it seriously. There was always something else more important leaking. It passed inspection last Oct. with no issues, and they never mentioned anything. So... who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscimeca