What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the '07 not have an oil cooler?
Nope. The factory radiator didn't have the engine oil cooler built in either - only the trans cooler. Apparently it only became standard on later model year Denali's. I installed a new radiator last year that has both coolers, so next time I replace the motor mounts, I'll install engine oil cooler lines, too.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my oil and emptied the catch can last night. I used my new HF ramps, which worked great. Last change I sprayed off the underside with brake cleaner because it was covered with oil. I was hoping to spot the leak this time. It appears to be coming from the driver side engine block, not the rear main as I'd feared. I guess that's the oil cooler. How much fun will that be (mine's AWD)?

Also, the high-beam switch in the left column stalk is getting intermittent. I can flip it forward to keep the brights on. But the pull-back-to-flash, which I use ALL THE TIME because people are slow, doesn't really work. I guess I wore it out. Is it possible to get in there to clean the switch? Or, should I just buy a new one? They aren't very expensive. But I only want to do it once.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, the high-beam switch in the left column stalk is getting intermittent. I can flip it forward to keep the brights on. But the pull-back-to-flash, which I use ALL THE TIME because people are slow, doesn't really work. I guess I wore it out. Is it possible to get in there to clean the switch? Or, should I just buy a new one? They aren't very expensive. But I only want to do it once.

Since it's the steering column and that uses plastic components that I don't want to break or have to also replace, if it were me I'd buy the switch brand new and then call it a day.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed my oil and emptied the catch can last night. I used my new HF ramps, which worked great. Last change I sprayed off the underside with brake cleaner because it was covered with oil. I was hoping to spot the leak this time. It appears to be coming from the driver side engine block, not the rear main as I'd feared. I guess that's the oil cooler. How much fun will that be (mine's AWD)?
I just did mine yesterday on my ‘07 but mine has the block off plate instead of cooler lines - also AWD. The job is a lot easier with a 10mm flex-head ratcheting combination wrench. Watch the torque value on install. You definitely don’t want to have to put a helicoil in there. I had to in my 2012 and it sucked.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to my gf's apartment and parked next to her Durango. Durango is supposedly a mid-size but it looks barely any smaller than my Tahoe. Narrower, for sure:

IMG_1232.JPG

Used it to sweep the dust off the curb:

IMG_1231.JPG

Wednesday evening, I downloaded the Speedometer app since my speedo only goes to 120. Then tested it:

IMG_1288.PNG

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it to my gf's apartment and parked next to her Durango. Durango is supposedly a mid-size but it looks barely any smaller than my Tahoe. Narrower, for sure:

View attachment 427066

Used it to sweep the dust off the curb:

View attachment 427065

Wednesday evening, I downloaded the Speedometer app since my speedo only goes to 120. Then tested it:

View attachment 427067
Remember.... Stock tire treads are rated at certain speeds... But not for an extended amount of time. The damage may not show for a while.... factory treads are attached to the casing with heat, so heat will also loosed some of the adhesive.
( On the highway... when you see a tire tread.... most are from factory tires.)
Retreads are attached to the casing with a "cold-bond" adhesive, and fewer separate.
( Sometimes, the retread will separate a bit at the edges from the casing, but mostly limited to that)
Driving a Bugatti at about 260 mph... No worry about over-heating the tires..... It runs out of gas before the tires get too hot ! :cool:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it's the steering column and that uses plastic components that I don't want to break or have to also replace, if it were me I'd buy the switch brand new and then call it a day.
Yeah, that makes sense. RA didn't have OEM, so I ordered one from a dealer. Paid a little more, but I only want to dig into it once.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember.... Stock tire treads are rated at certain speeds... But not for an extended amount of time. The damage may not show for a while.... factory treads are attached to the casing with heat, so heat will also loosed some of the adhesive.
( On the highway... when you see a tire tread.... most are from factory tires.)
Retreads are attached to the casing with a "cold-bond" adhesive, and fewer separate.
( Sometimes, the retread will separate a bit at the edges from the casing, but mostly limited to that)

Good point. I had to look it up- My Pirellis are rated to a maximum sustained 149MPH.
Interesting about the cold-versus-hot-bonded retreads.

Driving a Bugatti at about 260 mph... No worry about over-heating the tires..... It runs out of gas before the tires get too hot ! :cool:

Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA