What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too!!! Let me know if you make any progress on that please.
Definately will do. I have the wiring printed out and had made a note of which wires to repin, but haven't gotten back to it.
Thinking I might work up the courage after my headgasket/motor mounts which I've been dragging my feet on..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I uisually always have around 15 gallons of propane and the same in gas for the Generator, last thing I need is a freezer full of food going bad. Other than rain and some freezing last week it hasn't been bad here better than I expected. It's been hitting the higher altitudes.
Yeah I’m not feedin a small army like you are. If I was ever to lose it long enough for food to go bad,, it would be about fifty bucks worth between my freezer and fridge. But I have never been without power for more than a few hours, power company dude said I’m on a great feeder line. Everything is back to normal again today, put away the ice shoes. :p

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading of the shortcomings of AGM batteries - are members recommending using them or sticking with traditional flooded batteries? In my case, all stock with nothing drawing when not in use - extreme cold for a few months a year.
I have Interstate AGM’s and haven’t had an issue in the cold although last week when it was 15* for a few days I noticed my 02 struggled to turn over. I plugged in the block heater and the next day it started right up so I’m guessing it was just the extra effort to turn over the old iron when it’s that cold.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading of the shortcomings of AGM batteries - are members recommending using them or sticking with traditional flooded batteries? In my case, all stock with nothing drawing when not in use - extreme cold for a few months a year.
I started using agm's almost 20 years ago because I got tired of traditional battery's just going dead out of the blue, my experience has been the agm will atleast give you a running chance to replace it before it dies. I have never had one just flat out die, more of a slow death.
These Interstates are maybe on there last year not sure first time I have bought them always ran Die hard when they were made by odyssey for sears, then they changed brand and I ran the branded odyssey's until it seems like they barely make it until the 3yr warranty expires anymore. last one I tried to warranty would say it was charged but it was barely within spec at best and they denied the warranty so I said screw it and switched to the interstate's which should be real close to 4 years now I think i bought them in may/june 2020 bought the same battery for the silverado in feb 20 (which is fine also) and these ones right after that.
found my post from 2020

Reaction score
I've had an H6 AGM in the 2012 since June of last year and it didn't even hesitate during this below 0 temps we were having all last week, even when sitting for 2-3 days before being started.

I just bought the same H6 AGM battery for the wife's Acadia and installed it this past Wednesday. Her ACDelco Gold battery dated March of 2020 (which only has a 30 month warranty) gave up the ghost the weekend before and wouldn't start in the cold. I was able to get it to start after putting a charger on it, but even after driving it around that day it was dead the next morning after sitting overnight in the cold.

The H6 AGM's I got have a 4 year warranty

Here's the weird thing, everyplace I looked online for her battery it said that an AGM was spec for her car, but the battery that was in it wasn't an AGM. The non-AGM battery was only $20 cheaper.

Also, that H6 size (group 48) is a very popular size and it took a lot of phone calls to find a store that had them in stock, even though it would show in stock online but after getting there they weren't.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone - Going with an AGM replacement and probably the Interstates from Costco.
The Interstate H6 AGM at the Costco around here are $169 and have a 3 year warranty. They were out of them.

I ended up getting the Everstart Platinum AGM from Walmart for $179. It has a 4 year warranty.

I have about 6 Walmarts within 10-15 miles of me but only 2 Costcos, so it was easier to find one in stock at a Walmart.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like my 4-year-old AGM in my 2007 is starting to talk to me. When I start it in the AM when it's cold, the climate control has started defaulting to 74º on both sides, and 'Auto' is turned off. Best guess is that the battery voltage is dropping overnight. Gonna get a volt meter on it tomorrow to find out for sure.