What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Damn you. Those are exactly the wheels i should be running. Back when I bought the ones I’m running, I was downsizing from 26” Dub Ballers and intended these to be my winter rims but decided I liked them so they stayed. Then I wished I’d bought 24’s, halfway between.

View attachment 275239
I don't think I'll ever go bigger than 24". Hopefully these tires ride good (damn good price too) and I can avoid some potholes. I keep the old esky platinum reps as my winter set.

I know these are played out, but it's just such a nice wheel. Just like the ck375 everyone had for a while. I'd still rock a set of those any day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Man, here i am thinking i need a second set of wheels.
maybe a nice set of 17's so i can get more rubber for when i go offroad.

I will say that the 20's look small on my hoe.

but the 18's on my C4 vette look like hotwheels big. :)

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
and i broke out my ol pressure washer today, needed to hose down some parts.

then i started looking at my now empty engine bay...
I focused around the ac compressor and engine mounts for now... :)

and then i'm looking at my catalytic converters sitting in there.
Any way to tell when these things were made?

I'm assuming they are probably original, and they sure would be real easy to replace right now.... :rolleyes:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and i broke out my ol pressure washer today, needed to hose down some parts.

then i started looking at my now empty engine bay...
I focused around the ac compressor and engine mounts for now... :)

and then i'm looking at my catalytic converters sitting in there.
Any way to tell when these things were made?

I'm assuming they are probably original, and they sure would be real easy to replace right now.... :rolleyes:

Stock cats are rounded looking, very smooth and they and the pipes have a coppery color by now. Aftermarket ones have heat shields and are a little longer and flatter usually.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Looks like stock cats, and i got motivated...
Found my etching primer.

so i coated the aluminum parts with that first, then the engine primer, base, and clear.

Just laid down the final clear coat, still wet.

upload_2021-4-3_17-47-44.png

And i used my little air belt sander to remove the casting marks, and 3m cross buffs to clean the layer of oxidation off of the cover.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been fiddling with rear door locks since I discovered the hubs for my trailer project were the wrong ones.

thecopcar had the manual lock rods, but they’re in the way of a door card project. I was able to figure out how to get the lock out and remove those easily. The clip to release the exterior handle rod was straightforward. First pic, the orange square in the lower corner.

on theothertwin, however I’m dead in the water. The clip is a different design, and none of the university of YouTube videos show that one, or how to release it. Second pic. All I need to do is swap in the manual lock rods.

6CA5306B-2A75-483B-B2AE-F46434925821.jpeg 14C9C957-2876-4A9D-97AB-1A73E7D47729.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally did the same thing to the ac pump bracket, it was ugly!

View attachment 275269
Looks good but IMO the rocker covers would look good in a contrasting color. I did mine in VHT red crinkle and they look great, along with a few other red pieces under the hood. I think you should choose a contrasting color and plan on a few parts in that color under the hood.

Edit: ICT Billet sells those coil brackets pretty cheap.
5287C88A-FB0B-4208-A3F5-52193A058499.jpeg

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe is in full on work truck mode. Thursday was 2 trailer loads of kitchen cabinets, plus the rear cargo area loaded up, hauling stuff to the dump at work and today i filled the back area up to the windows with cardboard from cabinet boxes. Its done good so its getting a much needed bath tomorrow

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tahoe is in full on work truck mode. Thursday was 2 trailer loads of kitchen cabinets, plus the rear cargo area loaded up, hauling stuff to the dump at work and today i filled the back area up to the windows with cardboard from cabinet boxes. Its done good so its getting a much needed bath tomorrow
I’ve been hauling fencing in my 02, about (400) 5/4 x 6 cedar fence boards. Smells like cedar inside now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667