What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Chevy Express van--01-02?
Did they take some cash off for the broken dash? I'd say 95% of junkyard owners are real a$$holes. I used to go to ALOT of junkyards.

I used to go to junkyards all the time.
Total crapshoot, but often they were stoned/high.
Or just drunks.

One time i walked in, and they just got done smoking weed.
in the front of the shop...
lolz

I also recall them sometimes being super "simple".

Like one time i was doing an alternator swap from a full size into my S10
I made the mistake mentioning exactly what i was doing.
The "person" pretended to type and told me nope.

make them think, and forget about it.

Last edited:

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy Express van--01-02?
Did they take some cash off for the broken dash? I'd say 95% of junkyard owners are real a$$holes. I used to go to ALOT of junkyards.

05 express and nope didn’t take anything off. Their prices are so insanely cheap that it doesn’t really matter. Example, complete black center console with wood grain cupholder was only $150. They’re $400-600 on eBay

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed up the front end again. I ditched the bull bar and painted the tow hooks red to give it a subtle update. I know that's kind of a GMC thing, but I like the look.

I also took apart the headlights and painted them black a while back. Still need to polish up the lenses, but I might just buy some new ones anyway so it's on the backburner.

Disregard the chrome oem mirrors, those are temporary until the tow mirrors are color-matched.

And stay tuned for the rear bumper update too. I finally got my hands on a 2013 Escalade Platinum dual exhaust bumper. Just getting everything else together for the swap.

2007_escalade_red_tow_hooks_2.jpg
2007_escalade_red_tow_hooks_1.jpg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I let the kids take my truck to work at the barn today. Last night her little Kia was catching fire under the passenger's side footwell, presumably from the resistor for the fan motor. Exciting times!

Eww, teach the kids how to use the extinguisher...
lol

Like get some disposable ones, maybe it's time to replace some older units.
Go make a mess somewhere so the kids know what to expect.

Sometimes the best motivation for the kids to learn something is a little bit of real impending doom.

Oh and i hope that thing parks in the street.
;)

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw in all redline oils

Front/rear diff, transfer case, engine. Couldn't believe it, but it made a big difference in engine noise at 2k rpms and up. Much smoother/quieter.

Put in my 6.2 certified starter, the 5.3 one was starting to struggle. Required removing the damn passenger side header, I could not get it out otherwise. Luckily the remflex gasket remained in tact, so I could reuse it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz