What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inflation at work. Anything you buy later to replace it -if that’s in the cards- will be similarly inflated.

The Fed wants any and all inflation. It's the only tried and true method of shrinking debt.

So far, all they have been successful in inflating are asset prices and commodities they can call "transient" with a straight face. Pretty soon, they are going to be able to stand up and proudly proclaim "inflation" is running well ahead of their targets, kind of like they won a race or something.

Prices of all things are heading in one direction. That is, of course, until they actually have to start tightening monetary policy and the assets they have already inflated, maybe have to get sold to buy bread.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Fed wants any and all inflation. It's the only tried and true method of shrinking debt.

So far, all they have been successful in inflating are asset prices and commodities they can call "transient" with a straight face. Pretty soon, they are going to be able to stand up and proudly proclaim "inflation" is running well ahead of their targets, kind of like they won a race or something.

Prices of all things are heading in one direction. That is, of course, until they actually have to start tightening monetary policy and the assets they have already inflated, maybe have to get sold to buy bread.

Yeah looking at the housing market right now, here in the MD, VA and DC area is going ape shit.

Everything in the market or had gone on the market in the last 90 days has sold. My house it up 11% in the last 6 months. I'm trying to complete a cash sale on my house right now with a local real estate mogul. I'll take my equity and run.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah looking at the housing market right now, here in the MD, VA and DC area is going ape shit.

Everything in the market or had gone on the market in the last 90 days has sold. My house it up 11% in the last 6 months. I'm trying to complete a cash sale on my house right now with a local real estate mogul. I'll take my equity and run.

Rising inflation seems to be pretty much baked into the cake, with the one possible exception of another financial crisis that hits asset values really hard and resets the inflation/deflation meters.

Notwithstanding massively deflationary bubble busts (incredibly hard to impossible to predict with any precision), counterintuitively to the average schmuck like me, being a net debtor is actually a better policy than being a net lender. That is, being debt free is actually a bad thing during highly inflationary times, especially if you can lever up with low interest loans before the big spikes in inflation happen.

The central banks of the world always favor profligates.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
When i think about selling something.
Especially when i put a bunch of money into it, i think realistically how much time and money i put into it.

Most of the time that exceededs any realistic price i could get out of it.

The hoe, while I'm enjoying working on it for the most part.
Two issues arise.
First, i actually like it.
Second, i lost learly 1.5k because i didn't just pull the engine back in December for new cam bearings.

Now with the 6.0, assuming i don't fk that up. That adds like 3500 (after machine shop work) to the total bill.
Then the converter replacement, I'm looking at another 600 there.
So we can just call that 4100.

I paid 7800 for my hoe, probably another k if i include maintenance, and the transmission valve body work i did to start.

I don't see me getting my money back out of it, and in the end I'll have a fully sorted hoe.

Even if i could get 20k out of it, why would i... lol

But If someone offered me 30k, then it's sold!
:D

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i think about selling something.
Especially when i put a bunch of money into it, i think realistically how much time and money i put into it.

Most of the time that exceededs any realistic price i could get out of it.

The hoe, while I'm enjoying working on it for the most part.
Two issues arise.
First, i actually like it.
Second, i lost learly 1.5k because i didn't just pull the engine back in December for new cam bearings.

Now with the 6.0, assuming i don't fk that up. That adds like 3500 (after machine shop work) to the total bill.
Then the converter replacement, I'm looking at another 600 there.
So we can just call that 4100.

I paid 7800 for my hoe, probably another k if i include maintenance, and the transmission valve body work i did to start.

I don't see me getting my money back out of it, and in the end I'll have a fully sorted hoe.

Even if i could get 20k out of it, why would i... lol

But If someone offered me 30k, then it's sold!
:D

I look at these trucks similar to how the military views its ships and aircraft. They are platforms which are intended to serve for about thirty years before retirement. During that time, they will receive whatever they need to keep them up to date and reliable.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at these trucks similar to how the military views its ships and aircraft. They are platforms which are intended to serve for about thirty years before retirement. During that time, they will receive whatever they need to keep them up to date and reliable.
Except the B52. The youngest of those is about 58 years old, IIRC.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
After a discussion with someone who’s sorting out an oil pressure problem in a 5.3 that may be sludge related, I decided to do an early oil change on mine just to have a look. I’m not having any oil pressure issues myself.

At just 1700 miles on the oil, it’s black as coal. That tells me there’s some built up deposits inside that are going into suspension. So, I’ll put her on a 1,000 mile oil change interval until the oil starts coming out clean. I’ve done this successfully before on older engines with sludge deposits.

This truck doesn’t have many miles, but it’s over 10k hours, so either a lot of low speed operating or idle time when it wore the uniform.

Tomorrow I’ll cut open the filter and if there’s anything noteworthy I’ll post a picture.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
After a discussion with someone who’s sorting out an oil pressure problem in a 5.3 that may be sludge related, I decided to do an early oil change on mine just to have a look. I’m not having any oil pressure issues myself.

At just 1700 miles on the oil, it’s black as coal. That tells me there’s some built up deposits inside that are going into suspension. So, I’ll put her on a 1,000 mile oil change interval until the oil starts coming out clean. I’ve done this successfully before on older engines with sludge deposits.

This truck doesn’t have many miles, but it’s over 10k hours, so either a lot of low speed operating or idle time when it wore the uniform.

Tomorrow I’ll cut open the filter and if there’s anything noteworthy I’ll post a picture.

I'm sure you probably know but Kreen from Kano labs does an excellent job of cleaning up neglected engines.

Or substitute one quart of transmission fluid instead of oil and let it clean it up a little slower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesley e