What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
No engine oil change?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
He added a note, asking to please NOT check the oil.
See, Sam gets it. I change that a few weeks ago.

Soooo, on this note. Mechanic called and gave me the wonderful news. Honestly knew something wasn't right as it's been acting up a little (shifting slightly weird, not that I know what I'm talking about or looking for and probably a completely different issue) but the rear differential gears are shot. Said they opened the housing and a few bits of metal fell out. Said the spider gear was broke in certain areas and (housing of something) was cracked. So they are going to replace it.

Probably gonna cost me half the price of what this tahoe is worth.....
So, my tahoe won't be ready until tomorrow.......

So what makes these break or go bad? Said the fluid wasn't too bad. Wasn't low. The way I drive affect it? I do drive pretty aggressive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Soooo, on this note. Mechanic called and gave me the wonderful news. Honestly knew something wasn't right as it's been acting up a little (shifting slightly weird, not that I know what I'm talking about or looking for and probably a completely different issue) but the rear differential gears are shot. Said they opened the housing and a few bits of metal fell out. Said the spider gear was broke in certain areas and (housing of something) was cracked. So they are going to replace it.

So what makes these break or go bad? Said the fluid wasn't too bad. Wasn't low. The way I drive affect it? I do drive pretty aggressive.

If it is a G80 and you were aggressive in the snow this winter it may have damaged it.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Well he's on par after googling the avg cost. $1400.....

Thanks biden for the stimmy money! [emoji1751]

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You jinxed me.......

I never mentioned your gov-bomb differential.

07 tahoe so whatever that has and yes, I was agressive in the snow. Traction control/stabilitrack off and donuts galore. Well shit......

Edit: LOL. Quick Google search led me to this....
View attachment 274312

See, you jinxed yourself!

Well he's on par after googling the avg cost. $1400.....

Thanks biden for the stimmy money! [emoji1751]

And there ya go! It’s not called stimulus money for nothin- you’re gonna stimulate somebody’s economy!:devilfinger:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dammit. Do not like. I hope this is a shop you trust...? I’d be looking at it in person. And yes, the G80, is affectionately known as the Grenade 80. [emoji20][emoji107]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667