What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know it has been a long time since I posted in here but with finding my lifter broke and camshaft worn down I figured that I would see if anyone else has seen this.7d30a22609d62c0349a0db18c5d22f95.jpg7e0becb6847737f653a5231fbcb6a963.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oil passage? lol
Where is that, in the valley?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it has been a long time since I posted in here but with finding my lifter broke and camshaft worn down I figured that I would see if anyone else has seen this.7d30a22609d62c0349a0db18c5d22f95.jpg7e0becb6847737f653a5231fbcb6a963.jpg

I've seen what's in that first picture many times before, the second picture looks like a wiped out cam lobe.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

WTF! Don’t think you’re gonna be able to patch that with JB Weld!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Yukon a year ago, it already had a crack in the dash next to the passenger airbag. After studying up on the causes, looking at easy fixes, hard fixes, replacement, etc. I vowed to do everything I could to preserve the rest of the dash. I've done everything I could. I put a sunshade in the windshield. I regularly applied protectants (probably made from baby seals and whale blubber) to the dash. I parked in the shade whenever I could - even at night. I said a prayer every day when I got in the truck. I hung rosary beads on the rear view mirror. I've asked for divine help from rabbis, medicine men, mechanics, priests, a bishop and an old televangelist.

Today, this, just in front of the instrument cluster binnacle:

View attachment 238220

All that for nothing. Thanks GM.

True story: my wife's '09 Camry got a recall notice from Toyota to bring her car in for a free dash replacement because it might become sticky. Same day replacement, no fuss, no issues. I wish GM would step up here. But that's wishful thinking. Maybe I'll sick my medicine man on them. I think he's got a spare voodoo doll somewhere.
honestly these cracked dashes could present a safety issue in a accident (flying shrapnel )

also those door handles as well if we could collectively get enough people to make a report they might do something about it even if you have to cut yourself on purpose on any of those two items

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it has been a long time since I posted in here but with finding my lifter broke and camshaft worn down I figured that I would see if anyone else has seen this.7e0becb6847737f653a5231fbcb6a963.jpg

Nicholas, what kind of oil was running in this?

Is the lifter guide on that cylinder broken? That's what usually happens. Lifter guide cracks, lifter goes sideways and wipes out lobe. Tie bars would have been nice from the factory.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly these cracked dashes could present a safety issue in a accident (flying shrapnel )

also those door handles as well if we could collectively get enough people to make a report they might do something about it even if you have to cut yourself on purpose on any of those two items
There’s is a class action lawsuit on the dashes but last I heard it wasn’t going anywhere.

Edit: I just learned it has been dismissed by the courts, they ruled in favor of GM. No surprise to me. Here’s the latest:

GM Cracked Dash Class Action Lawsuit: Court Rules to Dismiss
After many rescheduled court hearings, affected GM owners finally have an answer—and it’s not the answer they were hoping for. On February 8, 2019, the court ruled in favor of GM and dismissed the case.

Despite this ruling, however, the court granted plaintiffs the opportunity to replead some of their claims. In the meantime, owners still facing cracked dash problems can file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Despite this ruling, however, the court granted plaintiffs the opportunity to replead some of their claims. In the meantime, owners still facing cracked dash problems can file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

How virtuous of the courts to "grant us the opportunity" to continue bitching about something they just told us nothing will be done about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet