What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil in my Yukon today. Installed the Fumoto drain valve. Used my new strap wrench to remove the filter. Wished removing the filter didn't make such a huge mess. Gonna have to get one of those filter punch doohickeys.

Also broke the cap on my oil catch tub. Remember Manly's law of repair? Yeah, me too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poked around in my scan tool earlier today and it does have the ability to display all for wheel speed sensors.

Unfortunately, that didn't provide much insight. Found a wide open parking lot where I could safely just drive around in a circle at about 10mph while looking at the scan tool. The whole time the traction control light would flash, but the wheel speed sensors were consistently reading and reading as expected. The inside wheels would read just a bit slower than the outside (as expected) and the rear just a bit slower than the fronts. Similar readings regardless of whether I was making clockwise or counter-clockwise circles. Inside slower than outside by a small amount, rear slower by just a small amount than same side front.

I think my next step is to call McGaughy's tomorrow and just ask if they've ever heard or come across this. Maybe I'll get lucky and they have and can provide some insight or a solution.
if you have ride height sensors they (might) need to be adjusted for the drop those are part of the system and may mess with the traction control but probably not the abs

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil in my Yukon today. Installed the Fumoto drain valve. Used my new strap wrench to remove the filter. Wished removing the filter didn't make such a huge mess. Gonna have to get one of those filter punch doohickeys.

Also broke the cap on my oil catch tub. Remember Manly's law of repair? Yeah, me too.
Sucketh. Do not like

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed trans fluid last night, just dropped the pan and replaced filter. What a ***** that back left bolt is. Also replaced all the aged and cracking wire loom.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have ride height sensors they (might) need to be adjusted for the drop those are part of the system and may mess with the traction control but probably not the abs

I do, and they've been correctly adjusted.

Fronts require no adjustment by nature of the drop spindles. Rears have been adjusted so that just after staring the vehicle the compressor kicks on for just a second and raises the rear maybe a 1/4 of an inch.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do, and they've been correctly adjusted.

Fronts require no adjustment by nature of the drop spindles. Rears have been adjusted so that just after staring the vehicle the compressor kicks on for just a second and raises the rear maybe a 1/4 of an inch.
Perfect.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing a little more digging and seeing some discussion about the steering position sensor. One thing I forgot about is since the lowering kit install, not every time, but maybe 2-3 times when starting the vehicle for a moment it will say Stabilitrak Off in the DIC. I'm not getting any of the other typical messages tied to the steering position sensor (Traction Control Off, Service Stabiltrak, Service Traction Control) or any codes.

Although I only did one spindle at a time when lowing it, so there shouldn't have been any possibility of the steering wheel loosely rotating.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed trans fluid last night, just dropped the pan and replaced filter. What a ***** that back left bolt is. Also replaced all the aged and cracking wire loom.
I hate that bolt. It’s the same on the NBS. There always has to be that one.

Leo1103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been eyeing a set of power running boards, anyone ever swap a set from an esky to a tahoe (both nnbs)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainManJoe