What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 215609

Nothing to say .......and i dont want to hear about how dirty, rusty and salty it all is....im just hanging my head in shame
It going to be a pita to get it off. Mine broke off a few years back and was making noise. It took me over a month to figure it out. The head of it was rusted to the sway bar. So stopped on level ground looked like nothing was wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I did another oil change and put in Kreen to see if I can get those lifter ticks freed up. I also cleaned up the hatch area and scrubbed it down real good. Dropped some fluid film on the hardware for the third row seats and that really smoothed out the action.

Also replaced the main belt and tensioner. When I pulled off the belt, it was near perfect. I should have checked it but oh well the new continental was like 20 bucks. I have that Delco belt coated in VLR and sealed up in a bag for whenever I need it in the future.

Tomorrow I'm replacing the upper ball joints and swapping a shock in the back. Hopefully it is indeed a bad billstein but I'm not sure. What I do know is the rattling and noise back there is driving me batshit crazy.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil for the first time. None of my filter wrenches fit the oil filter, because there isn't enough clearance to the oil pan, and the diameter is too small for the band one.. Thanks GM.

What I do is use a screw driver to "punch" the filter on the bottom/side edge, let the filter & oil fully drain, then stick the screw driver back in and use it as a "handle" to spin the filter off. New filter is clean, so usually not an issue to get it tight with just bare hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77