What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are the Denali letters crooked?

If you knew how bad I am, you'd know I made sure they're straight. In fact, I was surprised by how crooked the "YUKON" letters were. The ends were about 1/8" higher than the center. As picky as I am, I didn't notice until I laid some masking tape across the bottom of the letters.

Incidentally, the subtle break in the lower part of the hatch is not straight. It arches up by 1/4" in the middle.

Yeah. I measured.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you knew how bad I am, you'd know I made sure they're straight. In fact, I was surprised by how crooked the "YUKON" letters were. The ends were about 1/8" higher than the center. As picky as I am, I didn't notice until I laid some masking tape across the bottom of the letters.

Incidentally, the subtle break in the lower part of the hatch is not straight. It arches up by 1/4" in the middle.

Yeah. I measured.
Just curious--are you an engineer?

Reaction score
Changed the oil for the first time. None of my filter wrenches fit the oil filter, because there isn't enough clearance to the oil pan, and the diameter is too small for the band one.. Thanks GM.

View attachment 215589
I use a (rubber) strap wrench, have for years with my 2001 and now with the 2012
4360fdd26802c93fe9878c95805c1d4d.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

bfourman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed my power lift gate. I had noticed that about every other time it closed it would re-open. Turns out one of the bolts holding the bracket to the gate had snapped off and the bracket was rotating and throwing off the travel. Evidently it had been like this for a while, all the paint was scratched off around the bracket.

30 seconds with a left handed drill bit and the old one was out. Replaced both factory hex bolts with bolts from my parts stash and it’s good to go. Didn’t have any white paint so I just threw some black rattle can on the bare metal to keep the rust at bay. It’s under a trim piece anyway.

425eeabf6599c60fc4530acbd776d774.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz