What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed my xtl5000.
just got a panavise mount that screws in behind the radio bezel. using that to hold the microphone.
40e03c6c550ad4821e60b031736aa33b.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished spot cleaning the carpet. My girl had a bottle of dish soap leak on the way back from grocery shopping. Most of it stayed in the bag but some leaked on the side of the seat and into the carpet. Of course, it wouldn't have leaked onto the floor liner. I learned that soap is a mofo to clean out of carpet. The best way I could get it was to wet the area with water from a bottle, work it into a lather with my hand, suck up the lather with a shop vac and repeat until it wipes dry with no slimy feel. At least it wasn't something like cooking oil or some other food-type substance. It smells nice and the carpet in that area is CLEAN.

BlueAc

Reaction score
My biggest thing I love is to go against the grain, I have built several vehicles that most people would scratch there heads at in the begining of the build and later appreciated what I've built at the end. One build being the "Blazcalade" where I took a 4wd 1994 Blazer, added a Escalade front clip with Escalade interior and did a 3/5 Drop on 24's and completely murdered out.

My biggest plan for the Suburban is to be a performance inspired grocery getter. I originally wanted a 2wd LTZ but I need the 4wd as we have a cabin in the snow and the roads can be daunting at times. I stumbled across this Z71 being a one owner with rebuilt drive terrain (Motor & Trans) with 130k on the clock for 12K and told myself no way would I pass this deal up.

Over the course of this year or more, I'm going to do a McGaughy 3/5 drop with 24" Trailblazer rims, Big Brake kit, Headers, Fast LSX-RT intake with Jet Throttle body, AFM Delete using a LS9 cam, LS7 Lifters and LS6 valve springs all from Texas Speed and Performance (https://www.texas-speed.com/p-717-dod-afm-delete-kit-for-536062-engines.aspx)

I'm also going to change the front bumper with a Tahoe "Hybrid" front bumper to give her an more aggressive front end (I would personally love to do a Silverado front clip). I'm also going to delete the roof rack and remove the side steps in favor of electronic steps.

I absolutely agree that it looked great leveled as I got a lot of complements here and there but I also chauffeur my 75 year old grandmother around to her Doctors appointments and was becoming a bit much for her to step on a stool as I refuse to drive her car as my head sits burried in her headliner, LOL.

Give it time and she'll look great and sound amazing too.

Here is some Z71's built on my idea for inspiration as well as the Blazecalade that I built :)

Definitely start a build log to track your progress. I have the little brother to your truck and I've been back and forth with what to do. I originally wanted to lift mine because it was a Z71 and I figured it was only right. But I've seen a few lowered and I think they look amazing. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced brake light switch. Cruise had started to act funny. LED brake lights illuminate way earlier now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz