What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is surging under de-acceleration and threw a P0430 Code. Time to see what's going on now :okay2:

It's a catalytic converter efficiency code. My wife's Buick threw this code last year. Had to get the cat repalced under GM's emmisions warranty. Tried swapping rear O2 sensors side to side and the code didn't move one side to the other and off to the dealer it went.

I didn't have any noticeable change in drivability though. Wonder if there's something else driving the condition that manifests in that code.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
It's a catalytic converter efficiency code. My wife's Buick threw this code last year. Had to get the cat repalced under GM's emmisions warranty. Tried swapping rear O2 sensors side to side and the code didn't move one side to the other and off to the dealer it went.

I didn't have any noticeable change in drivability though. Wonder if there's something else driving the condition that manifests in that code.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the Intake manifold as I just replaced all the gaskets. I pulled the intake back off and going over everything again as we speak. If that doesn't fix it, I'm going to take it to a buddies Muffler shop and go all out with Headers, Hi-Flow cats all hooked up to my MBRP exhaust :)

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
How long did it all take?

Took me about a day (8 Hours) the first time. Now that I've done it I can disassemble, replace gaskets and reinstall in about 2 hours or less. The first time I ordered wrong gaskets and had trouble with the fuel injector clips which took up a lot of wrench time. The valley pan gasket for the AFM/DOD differs from that of a non-AFM/DOD LS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia